Guest Agteros

Shame on them WW. They should rather opt for the real deal

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Agteros

After all of that, I've also tried various more expensive sunglasses and could not find a more comfortable pair than the D'arcs I eventually took.

AND they are cheap enough to have bought a second pair after I broke the first pairs frame and was waiting for the LBS when they offered to get another frame as a warranty replacement

I have two pairs now smiley4.gif and they do all they are supposed to very well!

Guest Big H

My D'Arcs are the best. My optomotrist now only stock D'Arcs afteer seeing  mine.

Most of the people who say D'Arcs are welding glasses/ grinding glassses and other sad things are snokkin fobs. They are the same bunch who says Raleighs are bad becuase a few of a certain batch cracked. They are also snokkin fobs because they are ashamed to support South African products.

My D'Arcs were replaced with a brand new set after I broke on clear lens when I sat on them.

I also wear t he optical one sand they are great have not had any trouble with them. Only thing I would love is a set of orage/yellow lenses for them!

Happy if D'arcs does it for you (work for you) - especially at the price!  No-one said they came 1,2 and 3 in GIRO because of Rudy - a little insulting to suggest that...read original post.

Nothing wrong with D'arcs, i wore a pair until they got smashed in a MTB fall, no imagine if they were R2500 posh brand and got smashed. I have a pair of Addidas but i only wear these on road races. I recently bought a pair of Bolles and rode with them on the Kremertart, was suitably impressed.

Rudy RB3 is more than 10 years old - really crazy argument to even try and compare with Rudy (by the way did anyone notice Rudy Project riders got 1' date='2&3 in the Giro - not bad).  [/quote']

I won the Masters Goba - Siteki race last year, wearing my D'Arcs. It was my white frame D'Arcs which offsets my eyebrows better than my black ones. This weekend my D'Arcs were splattered with mud at the Imvelo, but I could still see. Does mud slide off the Rudy Project lenses?? 

Hi,

And the debate rages on. Just wear what is comfortable but make sure that they are optically correct.

Regards

Sarge

@Sarge: I thought this thread would have died Friday morning but it still goes on :)

Your statement "... Just wear what is comfortable but make sure that they are optically

correct" is 100% true and my feeling on my choice.

All I can say is that if you need Rx glasses, then look further than the brand and price tag. More expensive is no guarantee its better. And if you have sensitive eyes like me, then it becomes even more important.

Anyway, I'm seeing  my optom tomorrow morning (they just got the D'Arcs in) and I will do one final comparison. I will also try and get the correct model of the Rudys. Please remember that I'm comparing Rx glasses/models here.

Have D'Arcs, Rudy's, Shimano... all work well, all fog up all fit well. Wear what you can afford

Please post pic of your D'Arcs,as it's been a while and the last time I saw a pair they looked more like welding glasses-what do they sell for now?

Have D'Arcs' date=' Rudy's, Shimano... all work well, all fog up all fit well. Wear what you can afford

[/quote']

either the welding process have changed or you have not seen D'arcs in a while.

The Scanners are great but have since moved over to BBB which I got at the same price.

http://www.omnico.co.za/darcs_scanners.html