Rudy Project vs D'Arcs

you must also be sure that if you have to have inserts that when you "test" the glasses you allow for the fact that the rx inserts will be there and the amount of space they will need - a low script will have minimal impact. a strong script / multiple corrective requirements script will be thicker and thus will require more space between the glasses and your face.

you must then also consider how the refraction of the light through the lenses and then the rx inserts will impact....

end of the day find what fits right' date=' feels right when you go outside into the glare, and fit your budget to it accordingly. some people find that they will rather "scimp" on luxuries to ensure that they (and their eyes) are happy and comfortable when outdoors.
[/quote']

Very good points and great advice to an Rx noob. My optom made sure the inserts where in when I tested the glasses. Actually the one set I tried originally did not have its inserts and once they where put in the glasses where completely different.

Not taking away the benefits of quality sunglass lenses but the inserts can also be treated for UV and colour corrections (another issue I have).

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my running days i cant recall there been an issue with what we wore, shorts, vets, good shoes and away you go.

20100608_024305_DSC03327.JPG

Have D'Arcs' date=' Rudy's, Shimano... all work well, all fog up all fit well. Wear what you can afford

[/quote']

Wow' date=' can't you guys afford Radars???  Cheapskates...[/quote']

More like Cheapskate optometrist's.Can you imagine only stocking welding and safety glasses.Rediculous.

The whole tone of cycling is being lowered.

A few guys should have watched the show on Mario CippoliniClap

smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

I have Spiuks, Radars and a pair of Radons for riding. Poser? Nah, they work for me. Off the bike, I wear BBs. Mario would be appalled. Wasn't he a Briko man?

Briko indeed, but I dare you to wear these and get away with it!  OK, this pc is from the dayglo early nineties, but still, they are put any welding glasses in the shade...

20100608_063225_cipo_watson.jpg

Mind ou, they do remind me a bit of current D'arcs...

Wow' date=' can't you guys afford Radars???? Cheapskates...[/quote']

?

More like Cheapskate optometrist's.Can you imagine only stocking welding and safety glasses.Rediculous.

?

The whole tone of cycling is being lowered.

?

A few guys should have watched the show on Mario CippoliniClap
smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif I have Spiuks, Radars and a pair of Radons for riding. Poser? Nah, they work for me. Off the bike, I wear BBs. Mario would be appalled. Wasn't he a Briko man?

Briko indeed, but I dare you to wear these and get away with it!? OK, this pc is from the dayglo early nineties, but still, they are put any welding glasses in the shade...

?

20100608_063225_cipo_watson.jpg

?

Mind ou, they do remind me a bit of current D'arcs...

Great, glad you're back after your pink team-building, my friend. If there could be two paragons of style, I'd name you co-paragon.

The Lion King...

He pushed when others said WTF? The hair is The Hof with speed. Look at how he observes from his team car, wondering where the other sprinters where? Pure class.

Could I wear those and get away with it? No doubt. Okes would be hiding their two-tone Jawbones after seeing me rock those.

smiley16.gif holy roller2010-06-08 11:27:05

............... if it works for you it works....... except for the posers who will buy Rudi's and Oakley's and Radar's and Spuik's etc just to look good in the starting blocks...... they are the sad cases.

Oom, I have to take issue here. If one is trying to look good, one has failed already. Stylish riders make their kit look cool, not the other way around. smiley2.gif

How's the new addition doing, btw?

Guest Big H

............... if it works for you it works....... except for the posers who will buy Rudi's and Oakley's and Radar's and Spuik's etc just to look good in the starting blocks...... they are the sad cases.

Oom' date=' I have to take issue here. If one is trying to look good, one has failed already. Stylish riders make their kit look cool, not the other way around. smiley2.gif

How's the new addition doing, btw?[/quote']

Funny thing....... the more I read what you wrote above the more it seems we both said the same thing.

New addition doing well. He keeps Mom and Dad awake....... just the same as his Dad did to us when he was that age...... lekker !!!! ..... laat die blixems suffer!!!!!!!

Willidogz..... PM vir my jou adres sodat ek vir jou 'n 'n stel D'Arcs kan aanstuur...... klink my so neffens jou se smaak het in 'n grag in ge-blixem!!!!!!!.... aan daai wurrem vent se smaak kan mens niks meer doen nie..... hy is 'n poser!!!!!!!

Oom' date=' I have to take issue here. If one is trying to look good, one has failed already. Stylish riders make their kit look cool, not the other way around. smiley2.gif How's the new addition doing, btw?[/quote']

?

?

Funny thing....... the more I read what you wrote above the more it seems we both said the same thing.

?

New addition doing well. He keeps Mom and Dad awake....... just the same as his Dad did to us when he was that age...... lekker !!!! ..... laat die blixems suffer!!!!!!!

?

Willidogz..... PM vir my jou adres sodat ek vir jou 'n 'n stel D'Arcs kan aanstuur...... klink my so neffens jou se smaak het in 'n grag in ge-blixem!!!!!!!.... aan daai wurrem vent se smaak kan mens niks meer doen nie..... hy is 'n poser!!!!!!!

Us? Agree? OMW!!!!! smiley36.gif smiley2.gif

Awesome to hear about the little man, my friend! Keep us updated! May you have many hours quietly sniggering at his dad! May the family keep growing.

• 2 months later...

i saw the swifty impactx photochromic clear for R1080,00 on bycycle.co.za, but they ran out of stock in august, so i mailed them and they are getting new stock in september but now: the new price tag: R1800!!!! damn!

is this possible??

i saw the swifty impactx photochromic clear for R1080,00 on bycycle.co.za, but they ran out of stock in august, so i mailed them and they are getting new stock in september but now: the new price tag: R1800!!!! damn!

is this possible??

Maybe they joined the price fixing cartel???????

Ive just ordered some Adidas Adizero s Rx from the UK the frames are costing me R900 with the plain lenses(these same frames are going for R2300 locally - Im then getting full prescription lenses made up for them with photocromatic tint done R1100 for the lenses - So no inserts needed - So R2000 for the lot :D

Ferrari V's Hyundai!!

What - Rudy vs D`Arcs. Would be nice if we could all drive a Ferrari :lol:. Rudy`s are seriously overpriced when it comes to prescription sunglasses - I was quoted 7k for a pair of full prescription glasses. !4k if you want 3 different types of prescription lenses - Thats just crazy. Youre paying for the name

damn but d'arcs are ugly looking glasses!

say for instance i buy the rudy's online, how will i know that they will fit me?i have a pair of carrera's... i maybe measure the width of the frame and ask the supplier to measure the rudy's so i can get an idea???