Low maximum heart rate

Bruce' date=' what is the best method to do a max HR test? I know polar prescribe the 2x2 min test.

Otherwise just ride until you start seeing angels?
[/quote']

I would say a ramp test (incremental test to exhaustion)

I seriously doubt that the SSI would have made any comment on it' date=' other than writing down what the number was.
[/quote']

I made comment of the fact that my heart rate was probably lower than what she was used to and she said yes, its strange that i only averaged 166. That was about the extent of our conversation regarding my amazing and wonderful heartrate Tongue

Sorry Fanny

Bruce - why would SSI not interpret results, even informally?

I seriously doubt that the SSI would have made any comment on it' date=' other than writing down what the number was.
[/quote']

I made comment of the fact that my heart rate was probably lower than what she was used to and she said yes, its strange that i only averaged 166. That was about the extent of our conversation regarding my amazing and wonderful heartrate Tongue

Sorry Fanny

Bruce - why would SSI not interpret results, even informally?

Because the absolute value of Max HR would not be of significance.  They would be interested in what work you are able to perform at that HR.

The value of max HR provides no indication of performance ability or potential - it's just a number.

Here's the other numbers : VO2max of 60.8 and PPO of 330 watts. I weigh 72. So thats 4.583w/kg. Seems i still need a little leg muscle if i want to take on LASmile

Where are you seeded and how old are you??

Currently in E, and i'm 28. I've only started racing seriously in the last year. Hope to get my seeding up to C so I can race league this yr...

I wouldn't worry about Max Hr! Chris Froome's is something ridiculously low! And that guy is an animal!

Guest colonel

Goodluck Fan, League is a real eye opener, I dont know alot about numbers etc but from what I can see you need abit more work power etc wise to make it to Elites and be bale to hang in there.colonel2007-08-01 06:44:28

I've always noticed that while everyone else is bragging about heart rates of 190+ during hard training' date=' i've never been able to get mine anywhere near 180. I was at the sport science institute in cape town this morning and confirmed this by maxing out @ 168 bpm. I'm 28 yrs old, so according the calculations, i should have around another 20bpm in me.

I've never had heart problems and am as fit as a fiddle. What does this low maximum heart rate mean?
[/quote']

Maybe u are overtraining a bit? One reason way your HR wwill not go up.

A nother idea. TAke up a bit of running. Running at sub maximum improves endurance. Running short intervals helps speed, LT and HRM

A nother idea. TAke up a bit of running. Running at sub maximum improves endurance. Running short intervals helps speed' date=' LT and HRM[/quote']

I tried that. After 10km I get such bad ITB that I end up on crutches for 2days after that. Been to physio and its some kinda muscle imbalance that i'm currently trying to correct at gym.