CW Cycles Wednesday ride - 23 June

Chris Willemse

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I think that it was a great ride.I would just like to give the fit riders a bit harder workout but don't want to do it while they riding with the 18.15 group. But no problem - we will get it organized. have a lekker weekend. Just a reminder for those of you who got the free service vouchers. Those vouchers is only valid till the end of June. Do your bookings immediately.

Chris.. I liked Wednesdays route. What we can try is the "race snakes" can do the Majik forest loop and chase down the slower social riders.

And those riders without lights (or working rear lights)???? .. :unsure: :o

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like getting my bike dirty so the less dirty bits the better. I don't mind if the ground is dry but if it's wet or has wet spots I'd rather not go that route :huh:

Marius don't worry. We will wash your bike at no cost. Hows that. Only 1 time.

I am going to look at some new routes as well. Its going to be very nice. See you all.

NO FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS = NO RIDE

What is the route like that you guys take?

Lights? What lights do you recommend? Will a bright flashing rear light and a guppy light for the front be okay???

I saw you guys last week Wednesday - it looked like a HUGE Christmas tree coming down Tygervalley road... beautiful :lol:

Its going to be a nice evening tonight. Hope we see you all at CWC . Slow riders starts at 18.15 and fast ones at 18.30.PLEASE no lights = No Ride.

We will be doing a new route.

Hi Chris, I'm hoping to join you guys tonight - will you be doing any serious off road stuff or is it mostly a tar route?

What is the route like that you guys take?

Lights? What lights do you recommend? Will a bright flashing rear light and a guppy light for the front be okay???

I saw you guys last week Wednesday - it looked like a HUGE Christmas tree coming down Tygervalley road... beautiful :lol:

MariusL

We will leave from CWC to Durbanville and out towards the silos. Will do 2 gravel pieces of 5 and 7 km. Your lights is perfect. Pop in and give it a go.

MariusL

We will leave from CWC to Durbanville and out towards the silos. Will do 2 gravel pieces of 5 and 7 km. Your lights is perfect. Pop in and give it a go.

Great Stuff... see you tonight :)

C ya all dere.........

Eish, work again interfered with my cycling time.Must get my priorities right. :D

Next Wednesday maybe.

Thanks for last night - really enjoyed the ride, a great group of guys to ride with. And thanks to the 3 gents that helped when my chain broke in Majik - and guided me out of the darkness with their lights...

I'll be back next week :D

Yes I were very surprised with the turnout. 47 Riders although 15 riders left by bike to Knysna on Monday and some informed me that they gone to Knysna by car already.

The evening was good and the final 5 km through Magic forest was fantastic. We will have 2 routes next Wednesday. 1 for the slow riders, + - 35km and then 1 for the fit riders + - 65km. Both groups will meet somewhere on the route and will all do Magic at the end again.

Hopefully we will have more riders next Wednesday.

I must say that last night was propably the toughest compared to the last 3 times i joined the group. Looking at the profile this morning i can perhaps understand that. The entry into Durbanville from wellington road is a lot steeper than one things and the guys at the front really cranked up the pace. I had to stop at one of the robots and just check that i havent punctured :lol: , but was good to see that when i could go faster anymore, most of the group also fell off the leading 4+ guys.

I also managed a new max heart rate on the ride so thank you guys ;)

ill be back next week for another beating, hopefully i will recover better

hey cjvdm- where u biking with the fast guys? what time & distance/ave did u cover? can u share the route profile? i am keen to join.

The route changes almost every week. Normally approx 50km's, this time it was 40km approx

Normal avg (i think) was 24-25 km/h before we hit majik forest.