Crappy MTB Shoes

RudoJ

Having paid for a Thule clip on bike rack, pedals, pepper spray etc I bought a pair of shoes at Mr P. Put on cleats last night and SNAP...the "plate" inside the shoe broke! what a load of crap. am still lekke bed*nnerd. Soooo will be taking them back today and going the Olympics route.

What size shoe are you looking for, I have two pairs of size 43 MTB shoes that dont fit nicely. Shimano spd for R500 (Brand new) and Addidas (not the best condition) for R300.

Mr P cycling shoes? if they anything like the quality of their clothes im not surprised they broke.

Having paid for a Thule clip on bike rack, pedals, pepper spray etc I bought a pair of shoes at Mr P. Put on cleats last night and SNAP...the "plate" inside the shoe broke! what a load of crap. am still lekke bed*nnerd. Soooo will be taking them back today and going the Olympics route.

SIDI MTB Shoes are available online from www.bikewear.co.za or visit the store in the Parkview Mall Garsfontein Road. Call Roxanne at 012 9926090 after 09h00.

Boon: Thanks mate, size 10 I'm looking for.

Mark: I like their cycling shirts, and bought compression top serving as base layer for those cold winter rides, but for the rest? BLegh

Those SIDI shoes look awesome, but a bit above my price range at the moment.

Loving my olympics great value for money, just remember they are big so if you wear a 10 get a 9

You should have known better than to buy MTB shoes from Mr P.... :P :P B) Return it and go and buy those OLYMPICS...EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY!! :D

i will second the choice of olympics as well.best value for money i have ever bought.

Ja ja ja Gerhard, ek weet...in the bigger scheme of things, an extra R200 would not have made a difference! So I will get the olympics today!!

On a completely different note: That Thule Clip-on bike rack maybe was a bit pricy but the service from the salesman was EXCELLENT, and it's so easy to attach to boot lid and easy to take of and store

Ja ja ja Gerhard, ek weet...in the bigger scheme of things, an extra R200 would not have made a difference! So I will get the olympics today!!

On a completely different note: That Thule Clip-on bike rack maybe was a bit pricy but the service from the salesman was EXCELLENT, and it's so easy to attach to boot lid and easy to take of and store

Ja, die Thule produkte is baie goed!! net jammer dus so damn duur....sien hulle name is ook op daai Competition Commission lys oor price fixing.... :( My Olympics is al 3 jaar oud...gehawend, but still going strong as training shoes!! :P

I also have one of those bike racks. They take the paint off the part of the car where the rack sits so be very careful. Keep an eye on it. I now just put my bike in the back of my car. The damage is already done to my car. It is not a pretty sight.

Mr P cycling shoes? if they anything like the quality of their clothes im not surprised they broke.

The only thing I've bought from them that has not been crap are their cycling tops. Very nice and warm for winter - got an Anatomic top I use in summer.

Don't understand the comment on Thule rack being expensive. Last year I priced them against other brands and it came down to a R100 randt note difference.

Still want to get a Thule clip on but after Top Fuels comment I might reconsider.

i bought a key ring from them once.it worked fine for a while untill i lost my keys.

I just bought Olympics at Sportsmans in Fourways on the weekend. On special from R599 down to R499.

I did have to buy one size smaller to fit nicely.

i bought a key ring from them once.it worked fine for a while untill i lost my keys.

Teach not to have bought the PowerBalance keyring :)