Are the Garmin edge 705 users out there happy?

Bat-ass

Hi Gerhard

Garmin has a Training Center for Mac and training center reads all Edge Models in Windows. Just download training center then you can use mine to test. Alex has a 500 you can test.

Thanks N,

Ek wou al lankal van my Windows PC onslae geraak het, maar Polar het nie MAC sagteware vir my Polar S725X nie. Ek hou nou net my ou PC aan die gang om my Polar se ritte af te laai.. :angry: Dink daaraan om defnitief 'n 705 aan te skaf :) Cheers, Gerhard

No problems this side.

Good tip is to wrap the unit in a sheet of cling wrap on wet or muddy rides and it helps keep it on the bars as well.

No problems this side.

Good tip is to wrap the unit in a sheet of cling wrap on wet or muddy rides and it helps keep it on the bars as well.

You should send that one in to SuperCycling....good tip!! :)

Thanks N,

Ek wou al lankal van my Windows PC onslae geraak het, maar Polar het nie MAC sagteware vir my Polar S725X nie. Ek hou nou net my ou PC aan die gang om my Polar se ritte af te laai.. :angry: Dink daaraan om defnitief 'n 705 aan te skaf :) Cheers, Gerhard

Kan jy 'n duel boot Mac opstel nie?

How do you revert back to version 3.1 after installing 3.2?

Download the software file over here: http://www.garmin.com/software/Edge605_705_310.gcd

Rename it as gupdate.gcd and copy it on on your Edge on the Garmin folder replacing the existing one.

Unplug, go outside with good satellite view, switch it on and wait for the process to take place. For an even older version, just change the number "310" to "290" for the 2.9 version, which sort of seems to be the most stable one.

I have bought the Emergency AA battery charge extender for my Edge 705 going on long trips and it really works well! So you never limited with battery life! ;-)

Where did you buy that from?

Is Garmin 705 fully compatible with Apple Mac (Snow Leopard)? I know that Polar only supports one or two of their gadgets (i.e.CS600) on Mac... :angry:

I use Garmin Training Centre for Mac OSX (I'm on Snow Leopard) and it works beautifully (so do all the other Garmin software products for that matter).

Download the software file over here: http://www.garmin.com/software/Edge605_705_310.gcd

Rename it as gupdate.gcd and copy it on on your Edge on the Garmin folder replacing the existing one.

Unplug, go outside with good satellite view, switch it on and wait for the process to take place. For an even older version, just change the number "310" to "290" for the 2.9 version, which sort of seems to be the most stable one.

Thanks!

the rubber USB cover broke off after a couple of weeks

Hi Willehond,

I lost my USB cover as well. Did you find a solution to it?

Thx!

J.