2011 Scott Range

MaxUmis

My eyes are still hurting from trying to see what shock they have on the black and green Scale! :D

post-9143-079091600 1279613261.jpg

Just saw this bike at LBS (Scale 50), it has a Rock Shox. Selling for R12500...11 speed.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow I like the colour scheme of the Scale 70 (same frame as the Scale 50) white and red. Selling for R7600

I'm a roade, and I was impressed with the bike. Small blade in front and Big 38 at the back spin like hell and dont seem to go anyware,

Somehow I like the colour scheme of the Scale 70 (same frame as the Scale 50) white and red. Selling for R7600

The red and white does look nice... But every time I even look at taking something white to the trails I can hear my government having a hissi...

So I've been conditioned not to mix white and MTB-ing...

Plus the black and green just looks faster :P

Doubt it. It's got Deore quality cranks. Don't think they will put an expensive fork on a bike that has such cheap parts. Maybe RS. Definitely not Fox either.

The new XCM is not going to be too expensive. And it's a great fork, I hear.

Just saw this bike at LBS (Scale 50), it has a Rock Shox. Selling for R12500...11 speed.

11 speed you saw. Wonder which groupset. Probably Campy's new MTB set. The other players have just started with 10spd.

11 speed you saw. Wonder which groupset. Probably Campy's new MTB set. The other players have just started with 10spd.

Dof I am!! Sorry, its 10 speed.

The red and white does look nice... But every time I even look at taking something white to the trails I can hear my government having a hissi...

So I've been conditioned not to mix white and MTB-ing...

Plus the black and green just looks faster :P

It does Hey!!

post-3512-022483400 1279717190.jpg

The new XCM is not going to be too expensive. And it's a great fork, I hear.

I think we've established that the Scale 70 will have a RS Tora and the 50 will have a RS Recon.

But the off topic comment I'd like to make wrt the XCM is this...

I replaced the RS Dart1 on my Giant Thermo with a secondhand Suntour X100 off a Avalanche 1 the other day. So on Monday I went and hit some hills at Groenkloof. I did one "Hill loop" 3 times. The loop has a nice little "have to gun it" ruff-ish up-hill bit (right before you get the long bridge right next to the fence). With the Dart1 I was used to loosing traction in the front because the front would bounce quite a bit. With the X100 however, nothing. I have traction in the front all the way up... First lap I thought I just had a good line, but the improvement became apparent on the 2nd and 3rd lap. I remember thinking "huh? ... ?"

The little X100 (apparently it's a re-branded Raidon LO?) has made me gain a LOT of respect for Suntour.

Back to the topic though... Does anybody have any info on the 2011 Sparks!?!?

Probike not bringing the Genius to SA only duals will be Sparks,29er only hardtails as well, scale 50 and 70 only bikes that have landed so far

Let me tell you guys. Scott 2011 is going to upset the market.Its looks awesome and well spec and price. I were very fortunate to be at the warehouse in Port Elizabeth last week and had a quick look at the rest of the 2011 range. Sorry Brandon I did not look on purpose but my eyes could not look elsewhere.

They were busy getting the bikes ready for the show in a few days time. I am so glad that I am one of the fortunate dealers to sell Scott bikes in South Africa. WHOW

Scott is going to rock the market this year and with the bicycles and models they are importing you can see they put thought into what works for SA. The whole range looks awesome and the top range bicycles are mout watering, they are going to be priced to kill

just make them light...

imo their bikes and range got boring 2008=2009=2010. from what ive heard the 2011 offering seems to be exciting. lets see, maybe ill even trade my scotty in