Took my garmin to kyalami yesterday

slowjoe

I also went. must say its a lot busier now than in the middle of winter when, on a good day, there was about 7 peopleSmile

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, they finally starting to promote it as a training venue. Last year it seemed like they were doing you this big favour by opening the track. Cant wait till they put the spotlights up!

With Wesbank going soon i expect it to get busier. Will be a bit more packed tonight, its freebie night.

Wed is no pay to play (at least last week it was). I think this is to do with promoting track cycling and the 94.7.

scotty2007-08-29 01:27:52

yeah, the training clinics for the 94.7 are always held at the track on wednesdays so people can go ride for free. I assume it will be like that till november

It has been some time since I have raced Kyalami. (About 15 years, use to be called Gestetner kyalami and I think the mine shaft was steeper back then). Use to race criterium (1 hour plus lap) entrance fee's where big (R20) but the pay out was worth it if you placed in the top 5. Use to pay for the weekends party

Now, I would be happy to lap in 1 hour, still have R20 in my wallet at the end of the month, and wouldn't know of a party this weekend.

Can someone tell me what the format is now, times, day's, entrance fees?

mon - thu after 5 (till bout 7), but they planning on putting up some spotlights to extend training time for cyclists till 8:30pm.

Day ticket is 15 bucks, aparently wednesdays are free

. (About 15 years' date=' use to be called Gestetner kyalami and I think the mine shaft was steeper back then). [/quote']

Ah so not all change is bad. I struggle enough as it is.

If you think thats cool' date=' go to http://www.zonefivesoftware.com and download sporttracks. It friggin rocks. been using it with my 305 forerunner for a year now. really really cool [/quote']

I have had my 305 edge 1 mont now and I must say the Sports tracks tip Fandacious gave me is "Brilliant" yea it "Frigging rocks" so much info and data you dont need any more. Sweetie even asks me what the weather is going to be like for the day before she puts in the washing !!!!Big%20smileBig%20smile

Man , raced at Kyalami some time back, (Mcubed challenge) did 12 laps that day at race pace Dead,

Guess I will use the track again, it gives you some nice training

did a couple of laps today and saw a few of the TCS guys there.  I regonised IanJ but not sure about the others. all of them made me look like I was pedaling backwardsDeadBig%20smile.

did a couple of laps today and saw a few of the TCS guys there.  I recognized IanJ but not sure about the others. all of them made me look like I was pedaling backwardsDeadBig%20smile.

Indeed it was IanJ, no.one.knows, and I.

I had nothing in my legs couldn't seems to get any rhythm going on the flats... going to be a long season Dead

Still did our 10 odd laps (i think, i lost count at one Embarrassed) so good training Big%20smile