Took my garmin to kyalami yesterday

slowjoe

procycles in benoni has a handful of them for R2800-ish.

Thanks HR - but what are you doing posting at 3:48 am - sleephubbing?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Michelle

Sabre484: That was Jason.  He was riding with me till about 6 while I was doing my intervals, then he did another two laps on his own...

I had an Orange Club 100 long sleeve jersey on last night (my TCS kit was in the wash!!! LOL)

Sounds like the TCS rider was Jason or IanJ' date=' they have an irritating habit making you look like you're standing still when they come flying past. [/quote']

Scotty that's very kind of you but I don't think you can put me and Jason in the same category Embarrassed.

procycles in benoni has a handful of them for R2800-ish.

Thanks HR - but what are you doing posting at 3:48 am - sleephubbing?

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLnah, think there was some f*cker in my garden trying to break in. i normally get up at about 4-ish, though.

Sabre484: That was Jason.  He was riding with me till about 6 while I was doing my intervals' date=' then he did another two laps on his own...

I had an Orange Club 100 long sleeve jersey on last night (my TCS kit was in the wash!!! LOL)
[/quote']

Now how am I supposed to know that is you in the Microsoft colours....haven't seen a pic of you on any of the TCS threads.......

Slowjoe, your Garmin tells you that you have done 513/ 514m of climbing in 6 laps of Kyalami.

My Polar tells me that I have done 445m of climbing in 10 laps of climbing.

One of us needs to get our HRMs calibrated/ fixed - hopefully it is me (I like the idea of climbing 1000m in 12 laps!)

Gumpole, don't think that your altitude gain is that far out. I did 8 laps yesterday and totalled 365m of Ascent.

Extrapolated to 10 laps would give me 456 m.

But, it also depends on which way round the track you cycle. We cycled the "wrong" way round yesterday.

Gumpole' date=' don't think that your altitude gain is that far out. I did 8 laps yesterday and totalled 365m of Ascent.

Extrapolated to 10 laps would give me 456 m.

But, it also depends on which way round the track you cycle. We cycled the "wrong" way round yesterday.

[/quote']

Thug thats some weird science! in one lap the ascents will = the descents (otherwise you would cross the start line 1m in the air).

If you go the opposite direction ascents become descents and vice versaa - so the same amount of climbing..... not sure if that makes sense? Wink

Strange i know but riding clockwise, my best ave for 40k is 28.8 and never under 27 while riding anti clockwise my best is only 27.2.

Thug thats some weird science! in one lap the ascents will = the descents (otherwise you would cross the start line 1m in the air).

If you go the opposite direction ascents become descents and vice versaa - so the same amount of climbing..... not sure if that makes sense? Wink

haha, true Embarrassed

well it is Friday and it's been a long week LOL

seems lots of hubbers now go to kyalami. I haven't been there in a few weeks but plan to go this afternoon. (if, when I go outside, the wind doesn't blow me away)

anybody else going?

Thanks, I've tried the mapmyride website and uploaded some tracks from my Garmin. I see there are a lot of SA users. Still need to figure out how to download routes. There is a lot of manual entering of data which I don't particularly like. Aslo it looks like you have to save the tracks one by one.

seems lots of hubbers now go to kyalami. I haven't been there in a few weeks but plan to go this afternoon. (if' date=' when I go outside, the wind doesn't blow me away)

anybody else going?
[/quote']

yep, i was thre, again 2morrow