Is anyone else sick of Le'Mond ?

MDW

I love reaidng CyclingNews.com (http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/greg-lemond/bravo-to-the-new-generation) I am an avid supporter of drug free sport, but geez, I am so sick of reading Le'monds witch hunting and accusations every single day. Its like he has a vendetta against Armstrong and anyone else associated with him...

Greg please, its enough, stick to supporting drug free sport, and stop the witch hunting, how long does it have to continue for, it puts more of a damper on things than actually letting the drug testers do their stuff and have their say.

Its 2010 now and we are still living in the 90's with you. Why dont you ask Senator Schwartzenegger what he used to win a number of Mr Olympias, and what about Carl Lewis and what about.......the list can go on.

really one can only read so much and then it just becomes a little bit of an overkill, time to move on.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/greg-lemond/bravo-to-the-new-generation

Its like he has a vendetta against Armstrong and anyone else associated with him...

after everything that happened, do you blame him?

Armstrong has rough ridden over a lot of people in his lifetime... as some point those crows are going to come home to roost

but yes, if you read ALL of le monds' stuff all the time, i can imagine it would get a bit much.

there is defintely a story here, and I tihnk one should hear from as many different sources as possible. to ONLY listen to le monde is probably not wise.

I like Lemond. a lot

agree - he was royally shafted by LA, and not just with regard to trek selling his bicycles. One can full understand his frustration at being marginalized after so many years

I see that he was subpoenad for documents, not actual testimony, so it will be cold hard facts, and no-one will be able to paint lemond as a "whiner"

I'm keen to know the truth!

Guys on the inside know more than guys on the outside.

Personally I listen to guys who have been there, so in my opinion let him say what he wants to...Armstrong has had his say many times, let's listen to the others, they are finally being allowed to talk.

I find it interesting how this years tour seems cleaner, is it because UCI is not handing the testing?

That's one of the issues guys like Lemond have been asking for. Do they know stuff we don't?

No dominant teams this year, last yeat voigt and cancellara played a much bigger role, this year it's been the Contador - Andy show and even they have looked equal, unlike last year when Contador played with the field.

I like Landis and Lemond shouting, not just at Armstrong, but at opening the eyes of the public to all substance abuse.

Lemond has been critical about more than just LA, people only remember what he says about LA.

Is it true, personally, I'll watch the federal investigation closely to find out.

Remember, they are chasing LA now in a criminal case, US Postal is a Government Enterprise, tax payers money to buy drugs, not pretty...

Oh ja and Johann saying I don't know where the e-bay money went from the bikes...

Let Lemond and others raise these issues,they won't come to the surface if we stop listening.

someone made a valid point yesterday.

this is a federal investigation, which means one way or another - the truth is going to come out. There wont be any PR stunts to blind people.

Its a different ball game. This isnt the UCI that you have to pay $125k to keep quiet.

There are big things happening, and I'm interested to see what transpires.

This will probably be the biggest scandal to rock cycling, but at the end of the day, I think the sport will be better for it

Lemond said for years that there was massive abuse of drugs at the top. You know what, he was proven right.

What people forget (especially the haters) is what a great champion he was. He was the first American to fight for a space in the peloton as a GC captain. His battle with FRENCH captain Hinault was legendary and makes fantastic viewing/reading. The guy introduced timetrial equipment and came back from nearly being killed and won again. A true icon in my view. Americans should be kissing his feet, but that aint gonna happen. What they should do though is listen at least. Looks like some are starting to do just that.

I am not against Le'Mond or the truth, its just every single article and every post I have ever read of his has been anti-Armstrong, its just an over kill.

Landis on the other hand, wrote a book spent hundreds of thousands of US dollars on his court case to prove his innocence, and a lot of strange strange things happened there. I cant trust a word he says, I know Lemond is an upstanding guy, but he is trying to fuel a huge fire here and he relishes doing it, I guess thats the part I dislike.

I am not against Le'Mond or the truth, its just every single article and every post I have ever read of his has been anti-Armstrong, its just an over kill.

Landis on the other hand, wrote a book spent hundreds of thousands of US dollars on his court case to prove his innocence, and a lot of strange strange things happened there. I cant trust a word he says, I know Lemond is an upstanding guy, but he is trying to fuel a huge fire here and he relishes doing it, I guess thats the part I dislike.

hmmm i kinda see your point, but from the american public point of view, this *IS* huge, so if it seems huge to you, then you are probably correct

Greg please, its enough, stick to supporting drug free sport, and stop the witch hunting, how long does it have to continue for, it puts more of a damper on things than actually letting the drug testers do their stuff and have their say.

Its 2010 now and we are still living in the 90's with you. Why dont you ask Senator Schwartzenegger what he used to win a number of Mr Olympias, and what about Carl Lewis and what about.......the list can go on.

really one can only read so much and then it just becomes a little bit of an overkill, time to move on.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/greg-lemond/bravo-to-the-new-generation

Are you serious?

Greg Lemond is the catalyst who might finally sort out the doping problem in this sport. Between him and Landis, they have managed to cast enough doubt on LA's performances, and those of the rest of the pro peloton, for it to be investigated properly for the first time. By an organization that has no interest whatsoever in the future of cyclists, cycling, or its back pocket. All the feds are after is the truth. Unfortunately, I think the truth is going to hurt big time, and my hat goes off to Lemond for being willing to put his name on the line, and potentially destroy a sport that still is his passion. That takes balls.

You can't want for the doping problem to be fixed without being willing to take the pain that comes with it.

someone made a valid point yesterday.

this is a federal investigation, which means one way or another - the truth is going to come out.

Yeah that was me, someone else also made a similar point.

I'm not for or against Lance perse, having never met the man personally. Although I do have an opinion and of late it's been lowered somewhat.

Having said that I think a lot of people have also been using to situation to further their own ends or twist things out of context.

What many people need to realise here though, this is no witchhunt by anyone but a federal investigation. For an idea of the guy handling this, just google his name alongside Marion Jones. This whole thing is more than just Lance Armstrong, theres a whole house of cards which is yet to become apparent as the investigation and subsequent court case concludes.

All I care to remember about lemond is how great he rode the tours de france in that dayglo yellow kit, he was fantastic but he may be turning into a cynical old fart

All I care to remember about lemond is how great he rode the tours de france in that dayglo yellow kit, he was fantastic but he may be turning into a cynical old fart

I am so bored of LeMond and his cynical views. I don't even read the articles he is quoted in anymore. great cyclists, not someone I admire as a person really... Just my 2c