Boring old topic - trying to loose a couple of kilo's

Hi there,

I've still got a whole bunch of weight to lose but thankfully it is going. :D

I found this book to be very informative and helpful : Eat smart for Sport by Liesbet Delport and Paula Volschenk

It's local, it's low GI and easy to follow.

Michelle

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing I ever did was to consult a dietician, 10kg in two months by just tweeking my diet and eating the correct foods. I am fitter and faster and that results in confidence.

As you can see I am in prime shape if you look at my profile photo. (Jokes that not da agent)

Hi,

have you checking your Body Fat %?

I would also include weight training into your schedule, the more muscle you have the more your body needs to work to feed the muscle, thus burnng more fat.

If funds allow go get a proper diet. There are many mistakes we make when following diets we see in magazines and in adverts from suppliment companies.

I am down 33kgs from when I was 3 years ago, saw a dietitian this year and made the last 10 much easier!

good luck

Well done Mark Ellis

You deserve the new bike !!

One of three things are happening

1) you think you eating less than you are.

2) you are defying the laws of physics.

3) you are lying.

:)

Also watch out for any sugars especially after eating, one spoon of sugar in your coffee may seem insignificant but it spikes your insulin and puts you in fat storage mode causing you to store your last meal as fat instead of using it as energy. (simplified)

I do drench my dinner in chillie sauce.About twice a week I also eat a youghurt with breakfast. (Woolies Belgium)With carbs I meant nothing at dinner.Will do the tinned thing and see how my weight goes.

Hi Reden, wasn't trying to ditch your diet or anything, but protein is a vital part in your diet and because we are active, we need even more of it. A diet should not just be about losing weight, but also being healthy and STAYING healthy.

I have made minor corrections to my diet, such as no more booze (beer was my choice, but I also quit so I could pack the smoking in easier), plenty of water, plenty of sleep (no more COD late nights!) and over the last 6 months I have lost 1kg per month, my diet still remains the same, I love my fried breakfast (every so often) and I love my big dinners but biking has increased from average rides of less than 30km to just over 50km now. I once lost almost 15kg by eating steamed foods and loads of gym and squash but found that it was not sustainable, so hopefully the slow weight loss will be. And as you become fitter and thinner the yearning for those dodgy foods will decrease.

Hi Reden, wasn't trying to ditch your diet or anything, but protein is a vital part in your diet and because we are active, we need even more of it. A diet should not just be about losing weight, but also being healthy and STAYING healthy.

Did a quick calculation on my protien intake.

I'm roughly at 75% of what I should be getting daily.

Thats at 79Kg but my target height is 71Kg.

So a slight change would be sufficient.

Did a quick calculation on my protien intake.

I'm roughly at 75% of what I should be getting daily.

Thats at 79Kg but my target height is 71Kg.

So a slight change would be sufficient.

How much protein are you getting daily? I'm averaging between 200g and 260g a day (between 2.5 and 3.5g per kg), eating like a horse! I've put on 4.2kg in 6 weeks, and am cutting at the same time. I have completely different goals to most cyclists at them moment though, all I want to do is put on as much muscle as I can ;)

How much protein are you getting daily? I'm averaging between 200g and 260g a day (between 2.5 and 3.5g per kg), eating like a horse! I've put on 4.2kg in 6 weeks, and am cutting at the same time. I have completely different goals to most cyclists at them moment though, all I want to do is put on as much muscle as I can ;)

Max 1.5gr/Kg

Hey AquaG, having won numerous top bodybuilding titles and managed to get my body fat down to 3% I can either give you very serious dieting advice or very simple. The simplest and easiest way to start trimming down is to stop eating carbs after lunch time. Except on weekends where you are possibly riding decent miles on Saturday and Sunday and you need the energy, then eat carbs at night too. Try to eat more rice with your meal instead of lots of bread or pasta, etc. For dinner you can eat as many vegetables as you like and can combine it with meat, fish or chicken. Cut out butter or margarine. No Fried foods. No junk food after lunch time- chocolates included.