• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coenie

@Dangle

Here is the more detail.

I was looking at the Roubaix Frameset and wanted it in the Carbon and white NOT the black only

Now 1stly look at the range difference...we get 3 bikes?

South Africa has this line...

S-Works Roubaix Frameset (Frame only, only one colour)

Roubaix Pro Frameset (Frame BUT only in Full Carbon)

Roubaix Comp Rival (Full bike only, White and Blue )

USA has this

S-Works Roubaix SL2 DA

S-Works Roubaix SL2 Module

S-Works Roubaix SL2 Frameset (Same as here, BUT they have 2 colour options)

Roubaix Pro Dura-Ace

Roubaix Pro SRAM

Roubaix Pro Frameset (Same as us but they have 2 colour options)

Roubaix Expert Compact

Roubaix Expert Triple

Roubaix Comp Compact

Roubaix Comp Compact Rival

Roubaix Comp Triple

Roubaix Elite Compact

Roubaix Elite Triple

Roubaix Compact

Roubaix Triple

and @Ghostface

I called a LBS and asked about the 29er Alliance, and was told that Giant did not bring it in and will not.

The same with the Defy Alliance....not available here.

Thus I am NOT asking for any manufacture to MAKE me a special order....only to get me what is being made already

Hope this is enough detail.

this is a chance for someone to start a business,

buy an old panel beaters workshop, and start respraying bikes and "baking" them.

in a proper environment.

i wonder if there will be a way to get certified that the bikes wont lose their warrantee(Cycleart any input?), we all want custom unique colours, some of us just settle for less.

Some moan about it like a spoiled child (i am on that side of the fence btw).

If they can do it with cars and motorbikes why the h3ll not with bicycles?

I am sure if the warrentee stays intact a CR@P load of more people will have their steeds resprayed.

Guest coenie

Well, if they do a proper feasability study on the demand for their anticipated product and not a thumbsuck in the pub on friday evening, they would KNOW if its viable or not.

....but then your argument assumes "everyone" is going to bypass them and get it elsewhere, but this is usually not the case.

In any event in my opinion, whoever coenie is dealing with has a poor business model, there is absolutely no reason on earth why they cannot put in a special order for a customer who wants something they distribute, be upfront, tell the customer it will take "x" months, depending on the rate of exchange it will cost "y" and ask for a deposit to secure your sale.

Companies do it all the time, its not unique.

It all boils down to attitude, and it seems to me theirs is "dont bother me.!"

YIP...you hit the nail on the head...they(LBS) are struggling as it is, but then they do not want to tell the supplier how is should work.

How difficult is it to say to the customer...you have 2 opotions

1. You pay RX dep now and wait for the NEXT shippment to come in and your colour will be here.

2. You pay Rx dep now AND R-lots-extra for "special-handling fee" and your bike will be here asap.

Instead I got, you have to pay R2500-3500 extra + dep and wait "other customers waited a long time"

That means they were shipped with the next shipment anyway.....

@Ghostface

I called a LBS and asked about the 29er Alliance, and was told that Giant did not bring it in and will not.

The same with the Defy Alliance....not available here.

Thus I am NOT asking for any manufacture to MAKE me a special order....only to get me what is being made already

Hope this is enough detail.

Now I know what you are looking for.

Sorry but the 2010 XTC 29er Alliance was only availible in the US and not availible to SA. It seem to have been less popular than the normal Aluxx framed bike as it is not part of the 2011 range at all. The Defy Alliance was a model that we tried a couple years back and had very poor feedback/interest and sales. These have also been discontinued for 2011.

Giant does not have any Alliance bikes for 2011, in any territory, showing that they were, indeed, not that popular.

I'm sorry that we can't get you what you want but as I said earlier, if a bike/frame from the South Africa/International range of bikes is availible and a customer is willing to give a store a deposit and wait the +-4 months it will take, then we will happily order the bike/frame.

As of about April this year Giant and nearly every other manufacturer stopped making 2010 bikes and is only making the 2011 models.

Guest coenie

@Ghostface, the Aliance was is still available in the states for 2010.

But be that as it may, when we call a LBS they did not and have never offered the service as described by you to us/me.

It is nice to know then that I can look on the internations giant scene and contact you for a bike.

Thanks for that

Now only to feed that to the LBS's

:)

Guest coenie

What about trying another LBS next time?

The reasone I said LBS's is because I called / contact more than one...

Guest coenie

I import the Bottecchia Brand

As all frames are custom built to rider specs, any colour scheme i savailable B)

Very nice looking frames and bikes, only problem for me is the geometry....

coenie what geometry are you looking for? I am giving the factory a call tomorrow (Monday) let me know asap please and will see what cabn be done for you