selling of sample products

Face Plant

just been to a LBS to buy some chamois cream. i get told that they only have the small tubes of ASSOS selling for R20 each so i bought a couple to see me through for a while, so i just get back to the office and im looking at the little tube and notice "SAMPLE NOT FOR SALE" on the side of the tub! what you guys think? you think its ethical to be selling sample products?

must be honest i think this is #@#!$ nonsense!

Your LBS did not pay for the samples so why should you.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But CWC still made profit on this through your post.

Thats just a ripple effect from good and honest cusotmer service cbrundson. :)

I want to know why you guys are so afraid to name the shops? or have i just skipped the post that includes the names.

The bike shop is just as quilty and J&J, so name them. There is no excuse for this kind of behaviour be it a R20 or R20000 theft is theft and dodgey practice remains dodgy practice.

So why start a thread like this if you are not willing to name the culprits?

I say name them and then mail them the link so that they can defend their actions (Though i guess in these guys cases they would just ignore it and hope not too many of their customers read this) so that they can merrily continue ripping off Joe Public.

Muxie, u forgot to mention ur own product is just as good...even better. I use it as chamois creme. Slapped some on the other day and within 24hrs I was cured. Would rather buy Stinger any day.

Thanks mate.....yes it is very good for the nether regions and at 70 Bucks it is half the price + we don't sell our samples :lol:

I want to know why you guys are so afraid to name the shops? or have i just skipped the post that includes the names.

The bike shop is just as quilty and J&J, so name them. There is no excuse for this kind of behaviour be it a R20 or R20000 theft is theft and dodgey practice remains dodgy practice.

So why start a thread like this if you are not willing to name the culprits?

I say name them and then mail them the link so that they can defend their actions (Though i guess in these guys cases they would just ignore it and hope not too many of their customers read this) so that they can merrily continue ripping off Joe Public.

The fact is that if J&J is selling the samples to the bike shops and they are putting a mark up on it selling it as a legitimate product then they really arent to blame are they? i agree totaly when you say that it doesnt matter if its R20 or R20000 the fact of the matter is i dont know if this is general practice selling these samples or if it is just this one specific bikeshop, i dont deal with them often so i cant really comment on their everyday service and or reputation, so for me to come here and tarnish their name without having all the details is not fair in my opinion,

the reason i placed this post was to get the opinion of my fellow hubbers on if this is ethical behaviour or not, by the reaction i gathered that it is not, i would love to sit here and Flame Northcliff cycles for this matter but as i have said bfore i cannot comment on wether this is an isolated incidence or if this is a general occurance

Dudes when I use Stinger no one will come near me, not even the dog ....... what is that smell?

LOl that smell is the fulvic acid - that is the stuff which kills the bacteria - in short we have since changed the smell a bit the newer product smells a bit like Deep Heat although it is still safe to rub on your nuts without bringing tears to your eyes. :P

Thanks mate.....yes it is very good for the nether regions and at 70 Bucks it is half the price + we don't sell our samples :lol:

S'true…saw him giving stuff away at a race. The fact that he often used my maladies as a punt for his products, well, I'm still not sure about <_<

LOl that smell is the fulvic acid - that is the stuff which kills the bacteria - in short we have since changed the smell a bit the newer product smells a bit like Deep Heat although it is still safe to rub on your nuts without bringing tears to your eyes. :P

Maybe time to give it another bash .....

Maybe time to give it another bash .....

Yup do that please. Remember it is not only for the nether regions to prevent saddle sores and infections but can be used on sore muscles after that hard ride. So slap it on the legs and feel better in the morning :)

We also have Stinger UV Gel which will help cure that sunburn as well as any minor burns.

Muxies stuff works. i even carry a small amount with when I ride and needed it once where I could not wash a wound clean, put some on and burnt like a bitch but had no issues afterwards.That stuff is serious general purpose.