Polar and LOOK Launch Together Power

fandacious

theres a video if u follow the link

http://brandonsmarathon.com/2010/09/polarlook/

Polar and LOOK, the inventor and leader in clipless pedals, have merged their expertise to introduce the first clipless pedal that measures power output and cadence. Kéo Power is a must-have novelty for the ambitious cyclists who want to reach their maximum potential.

Polar P5 power transmitters and Look Kéo Power pedals comprise together the first-ever power measurement system integrated in the pedals. Easy to attach to cranks and switch between the bikes, each pedal comes with eight embedded gauges for extreme precision in power measurement. The two power transmitters relay the data from the sensors directly to a compatible Polar cycling computer on the bike’s handlebars.

Kéo Power gives instant feedback by measuring accurate power output in watts from both the left and the right pedal separately. By revealing the cyclist’s left/right balance between the legs, the system helps perfect cycling technique. In addition, current and average cadence is essential for those willing to optimize their cycling economy.

The system is compatible with Polar CS600X and CS500 cycling computers and works with any crankset on the market. The CS500 displays power output and cadence, whereas the CS600X reveals the left/right balance and Cycling Efficiency Index as well. The Polar LOOK Kéo Power system will become available in spring 2011.

I wonder how that will compare in price to other existing systems.

Polar wasnt exactly the leader with their power meters in the past. I once again wonder how this will compare.

Is this aimed at pro's or joe's?

I'm wonder if the speedplay power pedals will be launched sooner? They've been developing those for a long time now - simple concept but clearly difficult to get it right!