new web site Intersting idea..

Colnago

hey all check this site i found great idea...

try it and lets see what comes back..

www.bicyclesforsale-sa.co.za/

apparently quick to get quotes on any kind of stuff you need..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll play. rolled the dice on my spesh and intense fetishes. let's see what happens. But I almost know the answer.

How did u come across this, anyone used it yet? I doubt that your LBS will come anywhere close to beating CWC at the moment :unsure:

good question Crack: its very recent, makes me wonder if Colnago is one of those that run the site ;)

Would be great if the LBS did get their acts together and become more competitive with their prices. You do wonder who is behind this and what they are making out of it? :unsure: I go to the people giving the best prices and service ;)

We figured you’d rather have a bicycle supplier chasing you than having to waste your time phoning people who didn’t answer their phones, or played lousy hold music only to tell you that they didn’t have what you’re looking for in stock.

I honestly think that I have NEVER phoned a bike shop.

I use any excuse to be inside a bike shop. It makes me feel good.

good question Crack: its very recent, makes me wonder if Colnago is one of those that run the site ;)

i wish i was cause i think its a great idea, but im to busy with my real job and dont have time to phone bike shops...

obviuosly seems that someone has though...

good luck to them

and i came across it by searching google..was looking at bikes for sale in SA and it popped up under google adds

So its a community of bikestores working together to regulate the prices they sell bikes at.if it really was independant then they would put their name to it.

If the quotes come back and they're competetive, then that's great.

If they come back steep then we're back to price fixing mr maclean.

But the worst case is them starting off cheap and slowly but surely inflating then we have a controlled market. I'm not convinced we need another middleman in the market. We all know what a good price for bikes are. I'll watch this with interest, but have my reservations.

Ive now come across this site today while doing some research on a bike for the wife. Seems exactly the same idea :unsure:

Seems all the LBS got a hot poker up their backsides? Who is behind this one now? Whats going on

http://www.sa-bicycle.co.za/index.html

i just looked at this site and the www.bicyclesforsale-sa.co.za/ looks to be done a lot more professional and i take it this is some one trying to copy them..