Easton Ascent II vs Mampara's Equinox

g00s3m4n

Have you still not sold those wheels??? Remind me again what is the weight limit and how much you want for them?

No, still got them. All the "please tell me if you want to sell them" have faded like a cheap Argus t-shirt.

I have no idea if or what the wight limit is. Word, do you know? I'll settle for 5k (not neg).

And if Word continues telling me how nice they are I might keep them. So hurry before I change my mind.

Mampara2007-09-06 00:59:09

Have you still not sold those wheels??? Remind me again what is the weight limit and how much you want for them?

No' date=' still got them. All the "please tell me if you want to sell them" have faded like a cheap Argus t-shirt.

I have no idea if or what the wight limit is. Word, do you know? I'll settle for 5k (not neg).

And if Word continues telling me how nice they are I might keep them. So hurry before I change my mind.

[/quote']

I have the money to buy them...Concern is the weight limit...Struggling to lose some weight....

I have the money to buy them...Concern is the weight limit...Struggling to lose some weight....

I just mailed them the question. Will get back to you.

I'm talking under correction but I think it's 105kg.  Phone Tony Impey cycles and speak ONLY to Tony.  He'll be able to help you.

Just got mail back. they say it's 100kg.

MMMM then I guess you and I need to have a chat sometime... Pm me your details and I'll hopefully be able to see you early in next week.

• 2 weeks later...

i have the ascents. have not had any problems with them. they have the same hubs as the tempest carbons and are superlight... the quality of the im and the hubs are impeccable in my view, i would rather choose the tried and tested, EASTON is one of the top wheel brands in the world

A while back I managed to get a set of Easton Orion IIs for my daughter to race on. I only paid R2000 brand new. They are 1477g 24/28 spoke,  more rigid than Ascent and only 49g more. I borrowed them for one race, very nice. They are designed for the bigger rider who wants light clinchers.

I was so impressed I also landed up getting her the Tempest II clincher 18/20 with 30mm ally rims for more aero wheels. Same hubs as Tempest II c/f wheels. They really do the business and won't break the bank for spoke/rim replacement.

At SA's I saw an u14 boy write off a set of Equinox's and a Cervelo R3 when his tubby came off. Cost his daddy 35k and he wasn't even a medal contender. Thanks but no thanks. The repair/service side of the equation for me also counts.

Deep Section tubbies may look flash but how many riders have the ability to ride a break. They're no better in a bunch and in the gutter............

when his tubby came off.

buckstopper, the reason why he is comparing it to my Equinoxs is because they are also clinchers and not tubbies. Nog full carbon. Not the ones where a carbon fairing are glued to a alu rim like Mavic.

i have the ascents. have not had any problems with them. they have the same hubs as the tempest carbons and are superlight... the quality of the im and the hubs are impeccable in my view' date=' i would rather choose the tried and tested, EASTON is one of the top wheel brands in the world [/quote']

But the real question DK is if you could spin the EASTONS and go and have a cup of coffee and come back and the wheels will still be spinning. LOLLOL

We will call this the "Coffee Break" wheel testBig%20smile

have a pair of Eastons.....VERY VERY SMOOTH. I do not think that if you look at R10 000 plus for carbon wheels you gonna feel a difference between them or any other make. Like pops said what...backup service is very important. AuctionLamb2007-09-18 04:12:19

I rode with my Easton Vista SL's on the weekend after using Campy hubbed wheels before - immediately noticed that very quiet and smooth and no "swarm of bees" sound whcih was VERY strangeBig%20smile