This Sunday Ride (25-06)

ewep

I see the hill now, where was it yesterdaysmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif ??? On lunch?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmn!!! it was cold!! smileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley11.gif

When we got to Suikerbosrand the sun was out and it was much better!

Thanks for the ride, I really enjoyed it. I had a good time riding at Suikerbosrand and enjoyed my excursion with the HiQ junior team smileys/smiley1.gif. I think I am going to pitch my tent there for a week and just cycle!!

I was surprised to hear EWEP did not moan much going up that first climb. Well done smileys/smiley4.gif EWEP. Everyone looked much stronger than the first social ride, that first ride made a big difference in the legs.

Btw. you guys are crazy on the decents

Thanks to MichelleH and her husband for organising and riding the support vehicle, it made a big difference.

epoh

How does one get to Suikerbosrand? Is there secure parking in the reserve? Or a nearby place that people meet and ride to the reserve?

How do you get from the 'end' of the route back to the beginning?? I seem to remember the route is a one way.

Thx.

Cold, COLD??? U must be joking it was freaking freezing smileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley5.gif

Thanks for an awesome ride; it was nice to do a long ride on my new baby... She likes those hills smileys/smiley4.gif<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks to everyone that played a part in making this an awesome ride, I REALLY enjoyed it.

U guys are mad going down those hills that quickly smileys/smiley5.gif

Well done to everyone for getting as far as they did on those hills!!!!! smileys/smiley32.gif

Hope to see you all soon smileys/smiley1.gif

DT, I want to do Suikerbos once a month (at least!).  I really need the training on the hills with my "vetgat".  If you want to join us, please do so, maybe you and epoh can play on the hills while I suffer up it.

Gumpole, you can park at the entrance gate and then do a loop or two (or maybe even more!!)  You can then cycle back to the start on a road on the outside of Suikerbos, it's a nice flat ride there.  Or, as we did, stop in Meyersdal, cycle to Suikerbos, do one loop (ne epoh smileys/smiley4.gif) and then back up the Nampak steppes.  In total about 105km.

And as for you MR EPOH.  I'll catch you on the uphill, one day smileys/smiley2.gif, but on the downhill you'll just hear me and see my fat bum in the air!!!! smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

Thanks once again guys, it was GREAT!  I didn't think I'd make it up there without "klapping" a "toon", but I did.  And the downhill was GREAT!!!!!!

For anyone contemplating on doing Suikerbos, GO FOR IT, just dress warmly, the South is not as warm as you might think (BigBen can confirm that as well).

gummy, we rode from meyersdal mall and did do a circular route, but it is possible to park at the reserve and just do loops inside the reserve.

QUOTE epoh "I was surprised to hear EWEP did not moan much going up that first climb. Well done Click on image to open in new window EWEP. Everyone looked much stronger than the first social ride, that first ride made a big difference in the legs"

I think eweps moaning today, at leats we don't have to endure thatsmileys/smiley36.gif

I think eweps moaning today

i disagree.... i think he's too excited about the new toy he's getting today, hey ewep smileys/smiley2.gif

smileys/smiley4.gif

Anytime U guys do this ride again count me in.........I want to climb Suikerbosrand a few times this year...Incidentally IanJ I prefer climbing mostly in winter .... dunno why but its always been my preference. Spring as well since I have no choice when training.

"DTsmileys/smiley4.gif"

OI, DT, when we got to Suikerbos it was GREAT fun and weather, but getting there, SJOE!!!  I had full booties on, and still left my toes somewhere between Swartkoppies and Lido.  At least they caught up with us at the coffee break!  So everyone, some respect for us South okes hey!

Ou Cervelo, I'm quite today!  I did what I set out to do AND I had my beer smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif.  And those downhills!  Now I need to get a 11 tooth for the back and a set of Conti Attack Force for grip, then I'll really fly down there!!!

hmmmm, ewep, you're out to remind me i shoulda swapped back wheels for that downhill after the snack-stop hey?  i had my 11-23 on the spare wheel.... i might have kept up with you lot.... smileys/smiley2.gif

And those downhills!  Now I need to get a 11 tooth for the back and a set of Conti Attack Force for grip' date=' then I'll really fly down there!!!
[/quote']

Uhm ewep, if you put an 11 on the back then then you drop to a 23. How the hell you gonna get up the hill in the first place?

Ask me it is not easysmileys/smiley9.gif.

Oh yes, James and Jean says thanks.  They both say their legs are tired, but they're ready for the next one.

SP, I couldn't spin fast enough, was spinning at 118rpm at a stage, otherwise I would've gone faster!  That downhill made every second of suffering worth while.

Heh! I did the Tour de Lesotho on a 23 ... it was murder smileys/smiley17.gif