Help to Diagnose my Injury

EarlyBird

My SI joint gave exactly the same issues... years of chiro helped, but the most important was to get to the biokineticist and get your core strength tested out. I was appalled at how weak I was in certain areas, and it turned out my one glute was also weak. Who knew...

I'm surprised I didn;t walk in circles.

But it really helped!

HI Early Bird,

Sounds like you have a pinched nerve, I went through that in 1993, the worst pain i remember was after sitting for a bit it took about 10 mins to stand up straight again had to straiten up in stages. I eventually landed up having a fusion in my lower back S1 and S2, not something I would recommend but at the time there was no alternative. Medicine has advanced since then I am sure so explore your alternatives. If it is correctly diagnosed as a pinched nerve and nothing else works and you have to go under the knife,pick your surgeon carefully heard some horror stories about ops gone wrong. Mine was a success the biggest thing is the recovery after the op. I was at home for six months was not allowed to sit for three and then had to wear a ridiculous back brace for the next three. (The boredom was excrutiating thank God for friends and playstation :D )

Anyway the most important thing is to follow the rehabilitation program the problems I have heard of is when people try to get back to work to soon or start moving around to much causing damage again. If you do go for the op please, please do what they say after.

Today I am perfectly fine I have to watch that I dont get lazy and my back only gives me problems when I dont exercise my core.

For myself chiropractors have their uses but be weary of them not one has ever helped me in a lifetime of back problems.

I know someone who had a similar thing and after going to the chiro a few times and resting completely (i.e not even picking his own son up) it came right.

My mom also had a slipped disk which was pinching the nerver and she had to have bolts put into her back. Op was done at a government hospital and was 100% successful. After being in excrutiating pain for 6 months, she is now totally pain free.

The more I read the more it seems that its NOT a pinched nerve... for the following reasons.

Pain killers & anti inflamatories should bring some relieve....you also mentioned that the one legs colour

different to the other... try this ... press with a thumb or finger under the foot... release and see how quick the colour comes back(the pinkish colour) compare to other foot.... the sore painful legs colour will return slower...

With less blood flowing to the leg its going to be cold and have now strength because or restricted blood flow. The more you walk or train the syptoms get worse.... with rest it eases up but does not quite go away. A pinched nerve or back problem the pain can almost go away completely if you find a nice comfortable position....

Good luck

Def pinched nerve! B careful of chiros...they can sometimes make things worse especially if there is inflammation there. Take some cataflam for 5 days and get the swelling down 1st then try the chiro.

Suffered from the same, and a couple of things.

Yes go to a chiro but also go to a physio, the chiro will straighten and align you back and the physio will treat the muscles that have been compensating due to the misalignment. One without the other is useless.

Then do the stretch excersizes they physio/chiro gives. And you should see a noticeable improvement.

Guest eyecandy

Pain killers & anti inflamatories should bring some relieve

Pain killers dont help nerve pain!

Pain killers dont help nerve pain!

Spot on Eyecandy!! experience has shown me that if you have a nerve problem not even pethadene and jack daniels helps for the pain!

Nope.. pain killers and anti inflammatory not working at all. Not even 1%

Visits to Chiro not helping for the leg. Can feel a huge difference in my neck after she "clicks me in" but not the lower back / leg!

Earlybird, Earlybird, Earlybird, listen up and get yourself off to a good neurosurgeon pronto.

No more Chiro, No more Chiro, No more Chiro, nerves are not something to play with, and "pinched nerves" is just a nice way of saying there could be further issues.

Ask me, I have had a lumbar fusions and two cervical fusions, on my lumbar issue my left leg went numb, lost all strength, couldnt even depress the clutch on my bakkie, when I went to the neuro examined me, took an MRI and then he said, you have three choices here -

1)You go home pack your bags and return tomorrow mornig and we operate at 6am.

2)We can book you in now, you sleep here and tomorrow morning we operate at 6am.

3)Go Home, have dinner, pack a bag, return at 10pm we book you in and tomorrow morning we operate at 6 am.

Thats how serious nerve issues can be - hopefully yours is'nt, but dont dilly dally - Go now, make a booking, and no more chiro, no more chiro, no more chiro.........!!! - until you get a green light from your Neuro.!!

Ok, doc finally did a X-ray today. Still waiting for the report (doc will phone me tomorrow morning) But the radiologist indicated to me on the x-ray that something is defiantly odd.

Just something of interest. When I go to the chiro (this happens at EVERY visit) my right leg is about 4cm shorter than the other. When she is done with me both legs are the same length. 2 days later when I go for my next vistit the leg is 4 cm shorter again.

Just something of interest. When I go to the chiro (this happens at EVERY visit) my right leg is about 4cm shorter than the other. When she is done with me both legs are the same length. 2 days later when I go for my next vistit the leg is 4 cm shorter again.

Is your name Eileen? :D

You should not take medical advise from the hubbers, they fight over what lube to use and then it turns ugly.

Ok, doc finally did a X-ray today. Still waiting for the report (doc will phone me tomorrow morning) But the radiologist indicated to me on the x-ray that something is defiantly odd.

Like I said your spine is probably skew hence the nerve being pinched this can happen in a multitude of ways, bike position, sitting to much at work, bad sleeping habbits etc.

The chiro does a brilliant job to reallign you're spine, but what he doesnt tell you is that becuase your body realizes the spine is skew your muschles in your back shoulds and neck either tighten or release to compensate for this "injury". Once the Chiro is finished with his alignment these muscles dont relax, they stay tense. And because the muscles are'nt equal they end up pulling your back skew again. And so the vicious cycle continues.

After years and years of just going to a chiro and getting very short term results I decided to do the chiro physio combination. And it took 8 sessions at the physio with some acupuncture on certain muscles just would not release. But I am happy to say my back is a million times better now.

Like what someone else said, there is no point getting your back aligned, when the muscles can't keep it aligned. Sounds like it is going out of aligment between visits.

My legs are normally slightly different before,and fine afterwards, but I normally only go once every 6 months or so and its only out by 1-2 cms.