Braamfontein Spruit - Route from Paulshof

Doggone

I would like to ride the spruit all the way from Paulshof to Emmerentia dam area. I have previously only ridden from Conrad drive to Emmerentia.

A couple of questions arise.

Where could I safely park my car in Paulshof?

Is the route easy to find and follow from there to Conrad Drive(I am familiar with the rest of the route)

Is the route very technical or will it be okay for my son who hasn't ridden much to come along?

Is the spruit busy on a Saturday morning. I dont want to go if it is too quiet as I am aware of muggings in the recent past.

All help appreciated

You can park at the Mug and Bean in Cambridge crossing on Witkoppen, or if you want to park a bit closer you can park at Sandton Butchery just off Cambridge drive. You can also park next to the route down at the bottom of 12th but I would not recommend it. Parking at M&B adds an extra kay or so and a lekker hill. Route from Paulshof is slightly up hill - only very slightly and relatively flat. When you get to Willian Nichol you need to go up Republic till the the empty field near some power station looking thing. From there you go down the hill through the field and right into Delta Park. Google "Braamfontein Google Earth" and you will get a google earth map for said trail.

The only technical bit to watch out for is in Bryanston where the path hits a fence and then heads left (Past some dirt jumps) towards a dry river bed (rock). I've seen a lot of guys see their gat there because the drop off is a little steeper than it looks, you'll need some speed or a little wheelie to get off safe :)

The only technical bit to watch out for is in Bryanston where the path hits a fence and then heads left (Past some dirt jumps) towards a dry river bed (rock). I've seen a lot of guys see their gat there because the drop off is a little steeper than it looks, you'll need some speed or a little wheelie to get off safe :)

There is a technical bit on the spruit??

Or you can park at the bike park and ride down to the spruit.

Does anybody know if the section underneath the high-way is clear again after the road works?

Or you can park at the bike park and ride down to the spruit.

Does anybody know if the section underneath the high-way is clear again after the road works?

Yes its open, We rode it about 2 months ago.

• 2 months later...

Was a straight piece of single track :clap: :clap: :clap:

Towards the end of last year myself and a mate came across a bird lying in the middle of the track on the straight section opposite the River Club golf course. Don't know what she did but she ended up fracturing her neck in two places. Spruit can be a dangerous place....

Spruit actually commands a certain respect. The minute you're over confident you'll see your a$$. Still sore from today's wipeout.