Early Saturday Morning ride from Table View

Woofie

Ok - i will come; Tview at Fri 4h45 - where should we meet? At the club ride parking lot? Batteries are charging for the lights.

Ok im in.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool.

Peter..... Sat 4.45. Fri 4.45 till Sat 7.00 is going to be a very long ride to meet up with the outies afterwards.

I am feeling a bit offish this morning.

Not sure if it is allergies or a flu.

But I will sms you guys when I wake up if I am going to call it off.

So if you dont hear from me by 4am or so then the ride is still on.

Man, would have loved to join you W, will make a plan after next week. promise. ;)

What about till 7am then only? ....

Come on...

Look, I should be fine. And I normally feel better in the morning anyway.

But if I do feel really bad tomorrow morning, I will rather sms you guys than let you stand there waiting for no one.

did you guys do a ride this morning? I rode with UCT and we went out to the west coast just past Silwerstroomstrand and then back through town, Suikerbossie and Constantia Neck. Ended up being a 160km ride

did you guys do a ride this morning? I rode with UCT and we went out to the west coast just past Silwerstroomstrand and then back through town, Suikerbossie and Constantia Neck. Ended up being a 160km ride

Good going man!

Thats some nice distance.

Yes we ended up doing about 110km.

Would have been about 130 I recon (and including kloofneck), but it got cut short a bit when one of the guys pedals snapped in two. (aftermass of the bus hitting his bike)

Luckily I had some threaded tape with me, so we stuck the two bits together and we managed to get back to table view to swap out his pedals for his mtb ones so we could carry on a bit before the group ride.

Oh yes! We rode alot of the way on the new bicycle lanes towards town, and apart from the poles which could smack you stupid it is very nice.

Have to admit that the group ride got a bit tough towards the end. Having 4 hours on my legs and then the group ride guys were still working hard in a through and off echelon. The club ride guys had less than half the time on then, so it was tough to stay at race pace and couple of them are also league riders.

The group ride also made a trip up to the N7 (from the westcoast rd) and it is a nice steady gradient that hurts going up at speed.

But at the end of the day, that is why I am doing this to myself.

If I can finish a solo ride + a club ride(at pace) then I should be fresh at the end of a 3 hour race. (Well thats the idea at least!)

We were on the Westcoast Rd this morning aswell. Saw quite a few BIG groups incl. City Cycle Club.

We only managed 80km's.

No, I am whipped.

My wife says that if I want to do a training ride on the weekend, I need to be out the house before 5. :unsure:

Kinda do agree with her though. Its not really fair on my family if I am out every single weekend.

So are you going to come join me then HeadHunter?

Oh, I am doing that LT test tomorrow morning at 6.

Just buy her a bike, problem solved.

Thanks Woofie for organising this morning's ride - it went very well and i am glad we did it, even if it felt like madness to get up at 3h45 to do a 4h45 ride. But the concept should work really well = do a 2 hours ride at 70%plus, followed by a hard club ride (most of it at race pace) for another 1.5 hours. That really should built some race fitness!!

I struggled at the end of the club ride.

We must do it again. Thanks again.

Thanks Woofie for organising this morning's ride - it went very well and i am glad we did it, even if it felt like madness to get up at 3h45 to do a 4h45 ride. But the concept should work really well = do a 2 hours ride at 70%plus, followed by a hard club ride (most of it at race pace) for another 1.5 hours. That really should built some race fitness!!

I struggled at the end of the club ride.

We must do it again. Thanks again.

Cool

Next week the same thing if we can.

We need to make sure that the club goes upto the N7 everytime.

It adds some more hill in and it adds about another 30 min or so to make it 2 hours with them.

Maybe we should even get it put onto the newsletter?

You know Rodney better than I do, dont you maybe want to drop him a email and tell him that if anyone else is keen they must just meet us there?

Will be even better in a bigger group.

Hey Woofie...

I think I saw you one night last week, riding past DF Malan high school... after 17:00'ish? Was it you?