Who listens to Jakaranda??

Omlette

Changing the channels and heard Barney Simon complaining about someone and saying if they don’t apologies he aint going back to work on Monday. Who p1ssed on his battery??

Naaaahhhhh, haven't in the last 10 or so years. Who cares? If they shut down all the radio stations playing music I won't miss them. I don't think its of importance who must apologise.

Who knows, I can't believe he is still on the radio, I heard him play a Celine Dion song about 3 months ago, that must have killed him! He was on the radio when I was a kid (I am now 37), should they not get some new blood! It was probably Steve Hoffmeyer complaining that Barney doesn't play enough of his tunes!

Who knows, I can't believe he is still on the radio, I heard him play a Celine Dion song about 3 months ago, that must have killed him! He was on the radio when I was a kid (I am now 37), should they not get some new blood! It was probably Steve Hoffmeyer complaining that Barney doesn't play enough of his tunes!

:D :D :D

Didn't hear the whole thing, but a lady called in yesterday saying het old and windgat and a drol and that he should be removed.

Seems that they're gonna deccide this weekend, but he's obviously not happy

Didn't hear the whole thing, but a lady called in yesterday saying het old and windgat and a drol and that he should be removed.

He’s upset about that? Gees when we where teenagers he used to DJ at a few clubs we went to. Back then we used to call him a dinosaur…… and then he would spray everyone with beer!!! :blink:

When I heard the first time that he was on Jakaranda I was like "Huh , WTF?". And there it comes out. He is a rock person, and not the pop rock Bon Jovi type that they play on Jakaranda, the proper stuff. Metal Etc. And they should have put him 7-10 in the evenings, playing heavier stuff. That way they might just get some more fans. But unfortunately , its a "Every-day-same-rubbish" station like the rest!

Ja, there is a reason its called 'k#karanda'! Unfortunelty its all the radio in my workshop will pick up really! But he should be on later if they want to have someone like 'Look everyone, he is coming through the door' Barney Simon!

I listen occasionally to Jacaranda and enjoy it. Some of the banter between presenters and pranks they play are hilarious and they also do a lot of good community deeds.

Ja, there is a reason its called 'k#karanda'! Unfortunelty its all the radio in my workshop will pick up really! But he should be on later if they want to have someone like 'Look everyone, he is coming through the door' Barney Simon!

we believe you :D :D

When I heard the first time that he was on Jakaranda I was like "Huh , WTF?". And there it comes out. He is a rock person, and not the pop rock Bon Jovi type that they play on Jakaranda, the proper stuff. Metal Etc. And they should have put him 7-10 in the evenings, playing heavier stuff. That way they might just get some more fans. But unfortunately , its a "Every-day-same-rubbish" station like the rest!

He use to be after 8 on Thursdays but obviously he is getting older and don't want to spend the evenings away from home. He's got a family so I guess they come first.

He use to be after 8 on Thursdays but obviously he is getting older and don't want to spend the evenings away from home. He's got a family so I guess they come first.

Ya, valid point. This country really needs a new radio station...but that is another story so one will have to stick with your own music collection.

Ya, valid point. This country really needs a new radio station...but that is another story so one will have to stick with your own music collection.

Yeah, aint that a fact. I hardly ever listen to the radio these days because theres nothing I enjoy.

Just today I had to go to Pretoria from Kyalami, I flicked around the radio stations for 10 minutes, got irritated and switched it off.

I dont know, I detest talk stations, I dont like this modern repetitive head banging c**p, and I cant stand opiniated jocks with a soapbox - so yeah, it was dead silence in the car today.! :blink: