Do we need an attitude adjustment

Scooterza

Is the Hub full of bad attitude people  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the attitude on the hub is aggressive?

• Yes - too many grumpy people
    • No - the attitude is pleasant

1. Don't take anybody's post too seriously.

2. Don't say anything in a post that you would not say to a stranger you'd just met, standing around a braai.

3. Re-read point 1.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Don't say anything in a post that you would not say to a stranger you'd just met, standing around a braai.

Pass the tongs?

Pass the tongs?

Dude! You should know better than that. You wouldn't ask somebody to pass their wife...or worse yet, ask for a turn on their bike. So why, by all that was Holy ;) would you go and ask a question like that?

:shakes head in stunned amazement and sips beer:

Dude! You should know better than that. You wouldn't ask somebody to pass their wife...or worse yet, ask for a turn on their bike. So why, by all that was Holy ;) would you go and ask a question like that?

:shakes head in stunned amazement and sips beer:

The parties I go to you just put keys in a bowl, and the wives draw at random. My keyring has my name on it, so there's usually a bit of a scrum for that one… B)

Ag please, this forum is a doddle compared to the aggression on some of the international ones around.

Its a community of hundreds of people, and just as many opinions, you cant expect everyone to agree on everything.

Besides who wants a forum where everyone agree's, it would be mind numbingly boring.

If you only want to hear views which agree with your standpoint, forums are probably not for you anyway.

Personally, for the lack of moderation, I think this is a very well behaved site.

Damn Hippies, who allowed you in!!!

I like being grumpy, getting old and need to practice.

Now get lost Hippie

:lol: Ha,Ha, you got a lot of catching up to do.!!

I think healthy debate is fine - to expect everyone to agree is naive. And by all means if someone says something stupid, take him/her down. But in a respectful way if you know what I mean.

Also, if someone profers his or her opinion or makes an effort to do something, let's try not to be paranoid and wonder if there is an alterior motive.

Going back to the cycle club example, if a club does something, some hubbers jump up and down and say that it is just a way to get money out of people etc. My comment is, "Maybe there is an intention to make some money but usually their effort has a positive impact on cyclists too, so if they make a bit of money whilst improving things, so what? Clubs/shops have to make money. If their offering is not worthwhile, then don't take it up but no need to bring their mother's virtue into question or personalise comments."

Similarly, someone asks a question and another responds. Then sometimes some other idiot will come and slate the response. Why do that? Just idiotic. Before you know it, the post has degenerated into an argument that goes nowhere.

Oi Oi...here we go again.

The HubSA has many positivies and loads of sharing information that is of beneficial to many.

However, and do agree..there are aggressive Hubbers.

I am only getting aggressive as I cannot get my bike sold. I am tempted to ride it but as the doctor said "you only have one set of feet" :( :( :( :(

Well cycling is too broad a sport for ego centric cycle clubs to believe they make a difference to all. But they do get upset when you challenge them on this.

Anyway, the only group really getting flamed on this forum is PPA - a prime example of my above statement.

The parties I go to you just put keys in a bowl, and the wives draw at random. My keyring has my name on it, so there's usually a bit of a scrum for that one… B)

Only you could come up with that - brilliant though.

It's all good, lots of fun.

If you don't want to take part in a discussion then don't.

The rivalry (MTB vs Road; Shimano vs SRAM vs Campag; etc) will always be around but at the end of the day we'll race/ride together and have a good laugh.

Last year there was even a braai and everybody got along.

Maybe it's different because we're all sitting behind a screen.

This seems to me to be a general pervasive problem of modern society. Bad attitudes abound every where.

Cycling though is a pretty agressive sport. Not a contact agressive like Rugby, but still agressive.

All this talk of attackes, counter attacks and stuff, it's no wonder cyclists, in general are agressive. :unsure:

Also gets back to respect. Some folk lack self respect and are therefore unable to repsect anyone else. I think this is the root cause of many problems.

Like Trubie said, we need to understand that we are dealing with opinions here and everyone has the right to voice his or her opinion.

But then some see the expression of an opinion as a personal attack and become very defensive. In chess, the best defence is attack.

Agression and bad attitude, it's every where. If you doubt that try to tell some tjop doing 90 in the emergency lane when everyone else is stopped during the peak traffic, that he is wrong. Just give me fair warning, this could be an interesting spectacle.

If you doubt that try to tell some tjop doing 90 in the emergency lane when everyone else is stopped during the peak traffic, that he is wrong. Just give me fair warning, this could be an interesting spectacle.

I take great pleasure in travelling half in the emergency lane going North on the R59 in the morning just before the highway splits .... gets that mixture of drivers (not only taxis or black drivers but also the white ladies taking their kids to school that are late) quite hot under the collar but I don't mind ;)

I dont have a problem with anyone having an opinion

I do have a problem with someone having an opinion and wanting to enforce that one everyone. If he doesnt succeed he gets personal and eventually leaves the hub. Well guess what? We couldnt have been happier.....

Anyone willing to do something to advance cycling is normally slanted or run down. Dont think its a case of them being too sensitive to the critisism, but more a case of what you dont know wont hurt you, so they stay away..

I enjoy the debates and its always interesting to read the different opinions, but all that is asked is that everyone gives each other the respect they deserve, and accept the fact that you arent always right.