XT or PG990

skollie

Ek moet my casette vervang en wil net graag weet watter casette die beter een is?? Die XT 9spd of die sram PG990 (red)? die pg990 is wel heelwat duurder maar is hy werklik beter/ligter??

The XT cassette is actually 15gr lighter as well. Friend has both and informed me of this last week. So

lighter

cheeper

stronger

Go XT

Havent tested both but claimes weight is slightly less on XT and is a bit cheaper usually, but places like CRC always have specials so that might not be the case all the time.

Have 2 XT cassetes, on on my training set and one on my racing set and can't find fault, though I'm using an all shimano drivetrain.

Lets here what the experts say..

I replaced my LX cassette about 3 weeks ago with a XT one. Performance wise I can not notice a difference but I saved 80 grams in the process. If I buy again I will go SLX or Sram 980. CWC have them at good prices.

I used both and currently run the XT. In my opinion nothing between them except looks and price. Even the weight is actually almost the same. Do not agree that the SRAM is softer, been getting similar life from both.

Come on guys...TimH is right...when it comes down to it (and it is not a weight issue) you HAVE to go for the prettier one ;) R150 difference over a year or two lifespan if you look after it aint bad laugh.gif

CWC has a range of PG990's in diff colours to match everyones colour scheme tongue.gif

Ek het in die laaste 4 jaar 3 XT kasette, 1 pg970 en 1 PG990 gekoop. Die gladste was die XT's. Van die begin af. Die 990 het ongeveer 700-900km geneem om "in te loop".