Longest period without a puncture???

rattlesnake

Ok - so I have been mountain biking for just over 2 years now... Train about 3-4 days a week... (now i know murphy's law is going to bite me for this one... BUT) i havn't had a single puncture since I started... not even one... might help that I only weigh 63kg's?

Anyone else never punctured??? For how long?

Ok - so I have been mountain biking for just over 2 years now... Train about 3-4 days a week... (now i know murphy's law is going to bite me for this one... BUT) i havn't had a single puncture since I started... not even one... might help that I only weigh 63kg's?

Since I changed to Tubeless.....about 3500 km ago.....

MTB - Not telling , cause it will jinx me. I did the same by saying a hadnt crashed in over a year, that same weekend I hit the deck :angry: Now I cant ride for a week :(

How do you know that you have not had a puncture? Maybe you've had tons but the sealant is doing its job so you don't know about them.

Rattlesnake, you just gave yourself a snakebite! Two weeks ago I was boasting about my invincible UST tyres and long time without a puncture. Got one 2 min later and 2 more punctures since them too large to seal.

Continental tubbies - 3,000km so far without puncture

Continental Gatorskins - old set about 4,000km with no puncture. New set about 2,000km so far without puncture.

Michelin Pro 3 Race - 30km, puncture. 300km, puncture. 800m, puncture. 10km, puncture. 10km, gatvol. Stupid lightweight racing tyres.

I managed about 175km on the MTB before getting my first puncture.

Rattlesnake, you just gave yourself a snakebite! Two weeks ago I was boasting about my invincible UST tyres and long time without a puncture. Got one 2 min later and 2 more punctures since them too large to seal.

I'd have to split this between the UST and the Kenda's. For jinx-ulation purposes I won't say which seems to last longer. Or maybe one actively seeks the rocks and thorns...

I think u are right KnobbyMech..... asked myself that question while I was typing...

hmmm, hope i stay punctureless....

MTB - Not telling , cause it will jinx me. I did the same by saying a hadnt crashed in over a year, that same weekend I hit the deck :angry: Now I cant ride for a week :(

This wount come back and bite me .................... rookie at 39 started racing this year at Carousel Classic (with 10 year old Giant) then Lost city (with 10 year old Giant) then Dome2Dome (with 10 year old Giant) no punctures which included 4days a week on the road training ..................then I got my new Merdida 906 last week and did the Harties Sasko road race ,.........................1st blow out at PecanWood (hit a Reflector) then 2nd puncture hit a rock whilst pointing out to the rest of the group that there was gravel on the road not 10 k's further ..............so my jinx is over and done finish and klaar !

CharlV

How do you know that you have not had a puncture? Maybe you've had tons but the sealant is doing its job so you don't know about them.

Hmmm... another valid point.... BUT.... i have been pretty bad at replacing sealant.... done it maybe 3x in 2 years...

i have ridden vredesteins fortezza tricomps for three seasons now and no puntures ( +- 12000kms)

i got my new ride , fitted ultremos r1 's and you guessed it !! Sat. morning with 2 kms to go and only 100kms .......phsssssssssss:angry: :angry: :angry:

so my lbs got the call this morning and hopefully the tricomps will be here before the weekend???

in all fairness to schwalbe the tyres are built for racing, are extremely lightweight 180g and dont stand a chance on our glass covered roads.