trek fuel ex 6 or giant trance x 2????

spacemuis

please help with advice.. want to buy a good trail/ occasional XC bike.

narrowed it down to GIANT TRANCE X 2 or TREK FUEL EX 6 (both 2010 models)

my limit is 18k

what do you think?????

if i'm not mistaken, the Giant comes equipped with better specs than the trek, what's gonna determine which 1 u choose will have to be the fit and feel of the bike...specs aside, if the frame feels right and comfortable and u have the fortune of test riding either, yr mind will be made up.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a 2nd hand 2009 model EX8 for sale on the hub for about 15K...that would be a better option than the other two. Solomon's also had brand new 2008 model EX8's for about 18K not too long ago.

Other than that between the two bikes you listed I think you'll get better specs on the Giant.

• 1 month later...

I have not ridden the trek, but I own a Trance X2 and it handles like a machine, I have had a couple of MTB'S and so far this is my favourite and am going to ride it for quite some time.

Hahahahahahahaha. Spacemuis has already bought the TREK. Hahahaha I've even been riding with him hahahahahahaha sorry boet.

OT, but what is the difference between the Trance and Anthem. (besides the way they look)

Thanks

Anthem is a 4 inch travel XC race machine. Lighter and twitchier

Trance is a 5 inch travel trail/marathon bike. Still light, but more relaxed riding position. Will do almost anything you can think of.

I love my anthem and i through almost anything at that, I can only imagine how good the trance must be. :)