CSA Licensing

Spark

I would also like to know how they managed to force some race organizers to become sanctioned . For the last few years I have always done one particular race in the Rooiwal area because I knew they did not care much for what CSA,CGA,GCA,FCA,NCA or whatever had to say . Then one day out of the blue they became a sanctioned event !!! WTF I asked the race organizer and he just pulled up his shoulders and said "I had to " !!! Well I unforntunately also had to scap them from my calender and now got to buy my t-shirts from Mr Price

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to know how they managed to force some race organizers to become sanctioned . For the last few years I have always done one particular race in the Rooiwal area because I knew they did not care much for what CSA,CGA,GCA,FCA,NCA or whatever had to say . Then one day out of the blue they became a sanctioned event !!! WTF I asked the race organizer and he just pulled up his shoulders and said "I had to " !!! Well I unforntunately also had to scap them from my calender and now got to buy my t-shirts from Mr Price

Have also stopped riding that event for the exact same reason. Have plenty T shirts to last.

Lets just say FU to all of them, and do our own thing :P

This has been happening for a while. So many trails to ride but at the end of the day people are still riding these events and paying so why should they(CSA) stop or give a crap.

I have my CSA licence but purely to support some of the race organizers by taking part in their events.

The problem I think comes in with the CSA Sanctioning. If your event is not Sanctioned and a CSA license holder rides your event there can be repercusions for the rider (what I am not exacly sure as i only know the drama with motorsport.(MSA)). So if the event wants to pull higher profile licensed riders without the riders being penalised they need to be sanctioned by CSA.

The problem I think comes in with the CSA Sanctioning. If your event is not Sanctioned and a CSA license holder rides your event there can be repercusions for the rider (what I am not exacly sure as i only know the drama with motorsport.(MSA)). So if the event wants to pull higher profile licensed riders without the riders being penalised they need to be sanctioned by CSA.

That cant be true, its borderline unethical and unfair to all riders.

This has been happening for a while. So many trails to ride but at the end of the day people are still riding these events and paying so why should they stop or give a crap.

I have my CSA licence but purely to support some of the race organizers by taking part in their events.

I have no problem in paying the R75 or R150 or whatever. I just want to know what I as an average joe MTB'r gets for my membership / affiliation?

Also the licensing process is a circus and has many flaws.

I really dont care what "pros" are riding an event, I just wanna ride a race, as Im sure a lot of average joes want to do, and also to experiance a different route/trail. Also more for personal performance and accomplishment:)

That cant be true, its borderline unethical and unfair to all riders.

Works like that for Motocross so I would imagine it works be similar to cycling (else why have the sanctions?). If I a MSA license holder enter a non MSA sanctioned event, I can be fined, License suspended, refused entry into an international event in the future.

Me also thinks that this confusion is also the reason many cyclists have not recieved their Licenses after applying. The CGC payment bucket was skipped and CSA did not aprove their license. Or the club failed to pay CGC and only joined CSA and never recieved the licenses (not a hard thing to do)!

The mess up with licensing and CGC is a result of CGC's refusal to use the myrace system. The reason? The myrace system incorporates a complete accounting package, so it's impossible for the people at CGC to divert funds towards building of swimming pools. CGC's access was actually revoked, if the rumors are to be believed.

Now you have to ask, "Why would a organisation refuse to use a system where there is a complete audit trail?"

I really dont care what "pros" are riding an event, I just wanna ride a race, as Im sure a lot of average joes want to do, and also to experiance a different route/trail. Also more for personal performance and accomplishment:)

Thats All I ask of an event...

The mess up with licensing and CGC is a result of CGC's refusal to use the myrace system. The reason? The myrace system incorporates a complete accounting package, so it's impossible for the people at CGC to divert funds towards building of swimming pools. CGC's access was actually revoked, if the rumors are to be believed.

Now you have to ask, "Why would a organisation refuse to use a system where there is a complete audit trail?"

Dude you'r making we sweaty and i'm having blured vision!

Then ride it on your own time and date with your own stopwatch.

If you want to race a race sactioned by the UCI/CSA, then abide by the rules.

Easy hey?

:P

So who heard the rumours about all the new stuff for licensing for 2011???? :rolleyes:

New rumours? lets have them i'm already over the edge.