CSA Licencing

levett

Correct...You only need a race license if you are going to be doing Nationals, Provincials or any UCI events.Everyone else just needs to be a member of CSA (like the old Cyclosport License) - That is R75 for the YEAR not per raceReally Levett, this is nothing new, except that the race license cost R300 last year, next time read the info twice before starting a rant.

Cyclosport licences stay the same at R75 but we are being ripped off for Race Licences. The cost has risen from R300 last year to R350 PLUS R75 = R425. this is a 42% increase. How do they justify this ENORMOUS increase?

Pure arrogance.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up with only being allowed 3 day licenses a year. In my mind, they should take your R35 bucks for the first two races and then automatically "upgrade" you to a year license for an additional R5... After all they know who you are and they know that you have payed don't they? The money is one thing, but the schlepp just to be cycling is off the top. That's one more thing to keep track of, pay and set up as a beneficiary on your bank account. Why can't we just enter races, pay, race and be left alone otherwise?

See this is exactly why CSA wants everyone to belong to a club - go and discuss this with your club and get the facts!!

What are you talking about? YOU are the one that started this whole thread because you have no understanding for the common usage of simple words.

Read the first sentence from ROAG again.

All riders taking part in CSA sanctioned events are required to be a Member of CSA for the year in which the race takes place, or to have a valid day license for every day of participation.

You have to be a member Or you have to have a day license for each event.

If you had to be a member and buy a day license for every race, the I will be complaining and whining with you :D

As I said - Drop me a PM if you want to continue :blink:

The Membership allows you to race all year around without incurring any additional fees. You are required to belong to a club and they will advise you that you don't need a racing license so no confusion. Club fees are reasonable, mine for instance is R220 per year. Some clubs are far more expensive but that is your choice to pay premium or not.

This is my issue - WHY must I belong to a club.?

What's up with only being allowed 3 day licenses a year. In my mind, they should take your R35 bucks for the first two races and then automatically "upgrade" you to a year license for an additional R5... After all they know who you are and they know that you have payed don't they? The money is one thing, but the schlepp just to be cycling is off the top. That's one more thing to keep track of, pay and set up as a beneficiary on your bank account. Why can't we just enter races, pay, race and be left alone otherwise?

Dude you are being unreasonable, why should the onus be on them to follow up on your indecisiveness to race or not? There will be an admin cost for them to monitor who needs upgrades and who doesn't and it ain't gonna cost 5 bucks - besides you need to submit a photo and fill out some indemnity forms before you will receive your Membership Card.

But as stated previously go and discuss this with your club and they can put forward your idea to CSA - that is what they are there for!!

This is my issue - WHY must I belong to a club.?

Because CSA don't have the time or resources to deal with 100 Thousand individuals

Because CSA don't have the time or resources to deal with 100 Thousand individuals

They dont have to deal with me or the 100.000 individuals.!

I dont have any need for CSA and I am pretty sure there are 100.000 who will agree with me.

I have been riding a bicycle and doing races since 1975, probably long before most people here were even born, I have never needed the CSA and I dont need them now.

So, Why MUST I join a club.?

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Why do you need a TV license, I don't need to deal with the SABC? Actually I have never had to deal with SANRAL either and I need a license to drive my car as well as a license for my car.

You have never needed CSA because the clubs have been dealing with them since 1975, you still don't need CSA because the clubs are still dealing with them in 2010.

Fact of the matter is that this is the way it is deal with it or don't - go take up micro liteing - oh **** you can't do that cause you need a pilots license

This is a ridiculous and pointless conversation. :blink:

I am also not sure what the big who ha is about. The fun riders can take out a day license - you are allowed 3 a year, most fun riders don't even get to 2 a year. If you are doing more than 3 races a year then you are NOT a fun rider.

The Membership allows you to race all year around without incurring any additional fees. You are required to belong to a club and they will advise you that you don't need a racing license so no confusion. Club fees are reasonable, mine for instance is R220 per year. Some clubs are far more expensive but that is your choice to pay premium or not.

I do more then 3 races a year, I would still consider myself a "fun rider" Im out there to have fun, nothing else. - I think the fees issue is a bit much(cost wise) but as with most things in SA its either put up or shut up:(

All said and done......

As it stands now....with the whole discussion we had the other day....this is what I am looking at...

Membership R75

Racing License R350

Team Entry in order to compete in Cat1 or Cat2 R375

TOTAL = R800.00

OUCH!!!!!!

I do more then 3 races a year, I would still consider myself a "fun rider" Im out there to have fun, nothing else. - I think the fees issue is a bit much(cost wise) but as with most things in SA its either put up or shut up:(

Symantics

All said and done......

As it stands now....with the whole discussion we had the other day....this is what I am looking at...

Membership R75

Racing License R350

Team Entry in order to compete in Cat1 or Cat2 R375 R425

TOTAL = R800.00

OUCH!!!!!!

Fixed.

How do you get to R800? Is that your invitation club fees included?

There seems to be a lot of confusion here.From what i understand for 2011 things are changing.

THERE IS NO CYCLOSPORT LICENSE ANYMORE.

You have to join CSA(R75) and then it's your choice for a full lisence or just pay for the day lisence every time you do a race.(Which could work out expensive if you race a lot)

You can also only get a full license if you belong to a club so you have to add that cost in as well.

Bottom line is we are going to K@K and betaal.

Edited by stringbean

Why do you need a TV license, I don't need to deal with the SABC? Actually I have never had to deal with SANRAL either and I need a license to drive my car as well as a license for my car.

You have never needed CSA because the clubs have been dealing with them since 1975, you still don't need CSA because the clubs are still dealing with them in 2010.

Fact of the matter is that this is the way it is deal with it or don't - go take up micro liteing - oh **** you can't do that cause you need a pilots license

This is a ridiculous and pointless conversation. :blink:

Well, I need to up my post count, so I'll engage you on this, even though its (Quote) "pointless and ridiculous".!

Last time I checked I didnt need to belong to a club to get a TV license, a vehicle License, or a Microlite license. So that argument is moot.

Further more if you took the time to read (and understand) my post you would have noticed I DID NOT QUESTION the license fee - I questioned the CLUB MEMBERSHIP.!

I dont need to have a club hold my hand and tell me what to do, I have stood on my own two feet quite long enough, tell me to go to this website and buy a license and I will, no problem, but I still want to know why I MUST join a club.!

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

All said and done......

Membership R75

Racing License R350

Team Entry in order to compete in Cat1 or Cat2 R375

TOTAL = R800.00

OUCH!!!!!!

So it will cost me R850/year for myself & the wife to have the privialage of just being able to enter a race + race day fees + cost of getting to the races + extras + R1700 for a safe place to ride/year+ if I wanna ride somewhere else for the day(R50) + parts, servicing + extras = VERY EXPENSIVE(just to ride and have fun & few races a year)