NCR: Bikers mowed down with ‘stolen’ Hummer

slowpoke

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Bikers-mowed-down-with-stolen-Hummer-20101017

Pretoria - Two motorcyclists died on Saturday morning and a third was badly injured when an 18-year-old youth from Pretoria North crashed into them as they were on their way to a prayer meeting.

He'd apparently taken his mother's pricey Hummer and later crashed into the motorcyclists in Rachel de Beer Street, Pretoria North.

The young man fled the scene shortly before the Hummer started burning.

JP Kruger, 32, and Pieter Coetzee died at the scene, while Coetzee's son Pieter jnr, 25, is in a serious condition in the Montana hospital in Pretoria. The three belong to the Christian Motorcyclists Association (CMA).

At 05:35 they were on their way to Groenkloof in Pretoria, where they gather with other motorcyclists to pray every Saturday morning at 06:00.

According to police spokesperson Matthews Nkoadi, the motorcyclists were riding in an easterly direction in Rachel de Beer Street and the Hummer was travelling westward. However, the Hummer was in the wrong lane, facing oncoming traffic.

"The driver struck all three motorcyclists. He jumped out of the car after the accident and fled the scene. The Hummer started burning, and all that remained was the burnt-out wreck," Nkoadi said.

RIP to the fallen bikers, thoughts to the injured and condolences to the bereaved.

When will people start to take acountability for their actions and when will parents stop making excuses for their brats and discipline them from a young age instead of waiting till innocent people have suffered and/or died?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tumbleweed, i don't know, but i certainly hope that is added to the charges. according to one of the guys on bikesa the oxygen theif was overtaking a mini on a solid white line at high speed - nothing hte guys could do to avoid the collision :-(

Yes luckily he is 18 so he will be tried as an adult. If he was still 17 he would have gotten a slap on the wrist and put on some type of BS program....

Heard it on the radio this morning, an apologetic smile, his youth, statement of regret and he will most likely get a suspended sentence.

Yes luckily he is 18 so he will be tried as an adult. If he was still 17 he would have gotten a slap on the wrist and put on some type of BS program....

Is this a licensed 18-year-old, I wonder?

Yeah, regretable on many levels.

Lets be honest and not too self rightious because as kids, we probably all took chances, I know I did, unfortunatly, as kids we dont think these things through very well, and sadly, sometimes, these actions lead to terrible consequences and loss of life as we see here.

I said this on another thread, as parents we do our best to teach our kids right and wrong, as adults we try and live model lives for our kids, but we cant control each and every situation, whatever the legal outcome, this kid will have to live with the knowledge that he killed three innocent people and the parents will forever wonder what they did wrong, as I said, regretable on so many levels!.

Heard it on the radio this morning.

Horrific story and families now in total disarray on both sides, the Hummer killer as well as the CMA family.

Should the youngster be imprisoned , most certainly yes.

What blows my mind is how this happens, upbringing springs to mind and it's certainly an eye opener as to how we need to improve our parenting skills and work at it 24/7.

My heartfelt condolences to the family of the bikers that died and my best wishes for a quick recovery for Pieter Jr.

Tragic news!

A seriously upsetting incident - just like the headons taxi's keep having with eachother and trucks ....

Condolences to the families. Hope our little driver does some hard time for this. The parents need to do a lot of explaining....

This is EXACTLY what you get when corporal punishment was abolished!!

Brats that have absolutely no respect for anything!!

I say bring back the good old caning every now and again.

It used to teach youngsters to THINK before they do something...becasue there will be consequnces!! These days there are no consequences to think about anymore...therefore all these silly actions we see so many of...

It used to teach youngsters to THINK before they do something...becasue there will be consequnces!! These days there are no consequences to think about anymore...therefore all these silly actions we see so many of...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

When are we getting that "Like" button?