Standard Bank thugs

MaxUmis

MaxUmis, get over yourself! Especially considering that Flex has already acknowledged your rant, provided an explanation for what you might have considered to be inconsiderate behaviour...and more importantly apologised:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/1723-amashova/page__st__80

I can also only imagine the number of cyclists in your group that wanted to jump into the faster Standard Bank group and contributed to the chaos. I don't think it is fair that you choose to pick on a group just because they have the same kit on and make an easy target.

If this rant gets the Standard Bank guys to be a little more considered and to be ambassadors for their brand next time around it would have served a purpose.

If you're a big tree, don't go looking for big wind.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're a big tree, don't go looking for big wind.

well, you do seem to have a lot of wind in you...

let it go dude. its racing. it happens. theres always gonna be argy bargy in a bunch. if you dont like it, dont ride big bunches

I am not partaking in the debate as the Standard bank "Thugs" did not quite catch me, but I had a good laugh every time people shouted to slower riders to keep left when the ENTIRE right hand lane was open. :D :clap: :blink:

Go around guys it is not that hard. Also rather say you are passing on the right then to shout for them to move left, worked for me.

Flex you better be at the next few A bunch races with your newly gained form!!

mmm , yes the Standerd bank group came fast and worked their way to the front of that group 6km from N3 . . .

Thank you !

If it wasn't for them coming past agressively , I whouldn't have done a sub 3hr race. It gave me that motivation to stay with them . . . even after , Johan , jhonny or some jh.../jo... gave me a left shoulder . . . (They went so fast , I missed the name)

I was angry but after a great day and weekend away with family . . . All good !

If you Jh.../Jo... remember shouldering me (I had green Kit - and the Scott bike)

I forgive you !

well, you do seem to have a lot of wind in you...

let it go dude. its racing. it happens. theres always gonna be argy bargy in a bunch. if you dont like it, dont ride big bunches

by letting things go, we allow them to continue.

We let our fellow riders ride abreast, we don't reprimand them for skipping red robots or for riding like they own the roads.

Somehow we can justify riding dangerously and we're proud of putting our aspirations before the safety of others.

This thread reminds my that cyclists are their own worst enemy.

I'm off to enjoy the rest of my windy holiday by the sea.

Take your gripes to the organisers ... they placed the Standard Bank group in a later start slot. Not their fault I would say. There's always an element of risk when riding in a big bunch, in almost any race. It's an accepted fact of cycling. If you don't realise that this has the potential to harm you, then I'm afraid you'll only learn the hard way. Unfortunately. If riding in bunches scare you, particularly big bunches, then avoid them as far as possible ... but hey, it's not a perfect world. Expect the unexpected. I'm pretty sure nobody [i hope :-)} goes riding with the intention to hurt other riders, or place them in harms way, but there are those riders who lack the bunch riding skills needed and quite rightly they will get crapped on. Unfortunately in my experience their ego's won't allow them the vision to accept some constructive criticism. As for what we all enter a race for; it's an accepted part of cycle racing, for most, that the challenge lies in completing it within a certain time. That's why almost all competing riders wear a timing chip, or else what's the point of wearing one if you are out for a paid-up Sunday jolly ? Some riders will wear a timing chip merely to record attendance at a race [notch in the belt achievement] but then they mostly start way at the back. They should anyway. So those people competing for a timed result invariably love to hop into any passing bunch/tandem faster them, and sometimes they are way out of their league for doing so. So if race time was not important for you, and you weren't wearing a timing chip, then surely you had an option to sit-up/stop/pull over to the side for a few seconds to allow the big, dangerous, inconsiderate, bunch to pass ???? Jittery riders are as much a danger to other riders as they are to themselves.

...and I thought this thread was about those annoying emails I get from Standard Bank about updating my account details (AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM!)

I was in the left lane and I only stuck with my bunch.

And if you'r really such a big guy, why could a B bunch hang on to your wheel?

Easy tiger - I'm not one of the Standard Bank guys.

B bunch? Like I would associate myself with B bunch riders? Imagine the social scorn my peers would heap upon me if they found out I was languishing with B bunch riders!!! Thats worse than having an australian cousin - or a blue bulls supporting father - or someone who has a little sh!tfit about Standard Bank based on random riders in Standard Bank kit.

...and I thought this thread was about those annoying emails I get from Standard Bank about updating my account details (AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM!)

Willehond - those emails are not from Standard Bank - they're from nigerian layabouts wanting your banking details so they can nick your cash.

Willehond - those emails are not from Standard Bank - they're from nigerian layabouts wanting your banking details so they can nick your cash.

It's OK, I gave them CSA's bank account details. They are bound to get screwed themselves!!!

Personally, I dont like people shouting at me to keep left, and I often shout back for them to "$%^& off", I have just as much right to be on the road (where I feel safe, and if thats in the middle so be it)as them, so they can pass if thats the case, or else stay behind me until they can, - I only pull over for beer!!.

Been a charity ride and the fact that it raised money, is NO JUSTIFICATION for behaving badly, and anyway, since when do private marshalls have any say over the race conditions.??

All this whining is killing me!

Chap - Give your wife her panties back, if you don't have the balls to race bikes take up bowls (did you walk down fields)?! Lastly, please do not take previous advice and take up MtB, no place for cry babies there!!

Now that's a rant!

Might as well face it: most people are p.pols - and most cyclists are people ... so go figure....

that said, if any p.pol shouldered me in a race I would feel obliged to donner him

Bunch of rabid ....... poodles..... that is what roadies are!!!!!!!

post-24-065458100 1287420475.jpg

We let our fellow riders ride abreast, we don't reprimand them for skipping red robots or for riding like they own the roads.

Somehow we can justify riding dangerously and we're proud of putting our aspirations before the safety of others.

Tis a race, road closures et al. So the normal rules do not apply. Racing is racing, maybe you got to see for the first time what happens up front. It is a free for all, you ride your bike, watch your line and control your space. This is what is normal and happens all the time. Hopefully you are not one of those riders that shout for ppl to "Hold Your Line", if you are ......welllllllll then case closed.

If it is too hot in the kitchen get out.

Tis a race, road closures et al. So the normal rules do not apply. Racing is racing, maybe you got to see for the first time what happens up front. It is a free for all, you ride your bike, watch your line and control your space. This is what is normal and happens all the time. Hopefully you are not one of those riders that shout for ppl to "Hold Your Line", if you are ......welllllllll then case closed.

If it is too hot in the kitchen get out.