Cyclist manners

Grebel

I agree so much with what is said about these guys attitudes. Bbox and ALOT of other hubbers just go after everyone. What happened to if you cant say something goos, rather shut up...

You know what, i've found out in my life that its the empty tins, that makes the most noise. I'm not mentioning any names but on the for sale forum about 2 weeks ago ther was a guy going on and on about another guys post and prices. Later i found out this guy is a bicycle macanic... Nothing wronf with the occupation but he says he has a PhD and going on about his achievements when in real life he's to ashamed of himself so he has to try and SLANt other people...

Cycling is suppose to be in good spirit and a hobby. Not a D*c measuring contest. The hub is also for cyclist to interact and get info on new stuf. But 90% of the time there comes an IDIOT who takes it to far and everything gets ugly and everyone wants popcorn...

What type of people are YOU???

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know most motorcyclists greet each other when they are on a Sunday morning run... not when they are dodging their way through mid week traffic and their attention is on staying alive... so yes, given the circumstances you should greet :D

As long as I don't have to greet Harley Riders :D

<_< Not sure exactly what I said to upset the fellow hubbers. If I’ve hurt anybody's feelings I do apologize.

I will raise my opinion anytime and every time I want though.

I try make some sort of gesture to everyone i pass on my morning ride. Just about everyone greets back.... runners, cyclists.....

Sometimes i might be keeping an eye on a dodgy car, and miss a passing cyclist, and he might think i'm rude?? Perhaps its these instances that gives us the bad rap??!!

chris_w_65 if you ride a bmw you're gonna give us bikers a shock-induced heart-attack if you greet back, otherwise greet!

what really irritates me is when cyclists don't greet me back when i'm on the motorbike and greet them :P ;) i mean hell, i ride up nice and quiet and then "wind it" as i get next to them and nada - nothing - the pedal pushers just focus on staying upright! ;) :P

in all honesty, i greet cyclists whenever i can do so safely - whether on mtb, road bike, sv, nxr or cbr and i greet motorcyclists/bikers when on any of my motorbikes. if you don't greet back the who cares - either it's your karma-loss or you can't (maybe you don't know how to ride a bike and are concentrating too hard on keeping upright)

I am a motorcyclist. Should I be greeting other motorcyclists?

Find a Land Rover owner and ask them how it works in their "Community"

So someone not greeting you gets a black mark against their name for future revenge? Plus you ante up from not greeting to not even helping. I do love the irony of your posting. Ohhh the angst.

Do you take cell phone pics or do you just have a elephantic memory?

Repeat after me "whooooosah - I shall not clutter my mind with useless little cyclist feuds - whooosah".

uhm, if I'm not good enough to be greeted, I'm probably not good enough to help either! That same cyclist that you don't greet, may just be the same one who may have to help you out. Maybe think again.

Edited by cervelo

Find a Land Rover owner and ask them how it works in their "Community"

I ride a superbike and find that guys on superbikes greet each other at the lights. I assume BMW riders greet each other. I am not too sure where the guys on the new BMW superbikes would fit in :D

I ride a superbike and find that guys on superbikes greet each other at the lights. I assume BMW riders greet each other. I am not too sure where the guys on the new BMW superbikes would fit in :D

Thats a whole other thread for discussion :lol: :clap:

Starting to lean towards the fact that like minded people seem to greet each other. Superbikes, BMW's, Land Rovers. Why not cyclists? Now if we could just get the roadies to say hi to the mountainbikers... ;)

Starting to lean towards the fact that like minded people seem to greet each other. Superbikes, BMW's, Land Rovers. Why not cyclists? Now if we could just get the roadies to say hi to the mountainbikers... ;)

More chance of Gareth Cliff becoming president and JuJu taking over De Beers

uhm, if I'm not good enough to be greeted, I'm probably not good enough to help either! That same cyclist that you don't greet, may just be the same one who may have to help you out. Maybe think again.

I just don't get the irony of "I greet everyone cos I'm friendly but am so vindictive that I won't stop to help someone in trouble if they didn't greet me".

So which one are you? Friendly greeter or vindictive jerk?

I just don't get the irony of "I greet everyone cos I'm friendly but am so vindictive that I won't stop to help someone in trouble if they didn't greet me".

So which one are you? Friendly greeter or vindictive jerk?

Its as difficult for me to help someone as it is difficult for them to f**king lift up their hand to greet me... but I'm usually one to slow down and ask cyclists next to the road if they're ok. My previous post is how I feel about the "can't/don't want to /too good TO GREET types"

I always greet Santa Cruze riders.....bugger the rest