Woolworths

scuzzy

I Hear you!!!.... Seing the coastal provinces are playing Rugby next weekend and the others arent. Something said for being balanced!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably off the mark, but i thought the way it worked was on sales. X amount of magazines are delivered to the store then when the next edition is produced the unsold magazines are removed and the difference is paid for. This way the store is covered if they dont sell a single copy they dont owe anything.

I Hear you!!!.... Seing the coastal provinces are playing Rugby next weekend and the others arent. Something said for being balanced!!

I thought balance was supposed to bring joy, not sadness.

Probably off the mark, but i thought the way it worked was on sales. X amount of magazines are delivered to the store then when the next edition is produced the unsold magazines are removed and the difference is paid for. This way the store is covered if they dont sell a single copy they dont owe anything.

100 % on the button.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs894.snc4/72752_485504421647_531756647_7517386_3630236_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs894.snc4/72752_485504421647_531756647_7517386_3630236_n.jpg

Yes they do have. Here in Houghton is a Engen garage and they have Hebrew fashion magazines. Pretty hot women on the covers aswell.

Muslim fashion magazine would be good :lol:

post-18048-082446000 1287732050.jpg

I thought balance was supposed to bring joy, not sadness.

Only if you have a Powerbalance band, and it can't be a fake :lol:

Edited by chris_w_65

Muslim fashion magazine would be good :lol:

Actually, there is a lot of fashion that goes into burqas. Recently I went and bought a khurta and you'd be amazed at what's available.

If you just want to perv the models, that's a different story!!:D

100 % on the button.

Seems silly not to sell them then, unless they want to use the space to sell others mags.

Seems silly not to sell them then, unless they want to use the space to sell others mags.

But with each magazine comes profit. Why sit with something that takes up space and does not generate income.

Actually, there is a lot of fashion that goes into burqas. Recently I went and bought a khurta and you'd be amazed at what's available.

If you just want to perv the models, that's a different story!!:D

Cool comment, Taps! :thumbup:

they wanna sell what brings in money, if it doesnt sell it takes up valuable shelf space which could have been allocated to the next in line who might sell quite well. WW has always had a problem with mags & newspapers, because of the profit margin vs something like the sweets at the checkout rows... All about making the shareholders happy

just like any other business

Look to be honest, quite frankly I don't care, and as I said earlier I don't even think that magazines belong in Woolies.

Shew, now with that of my chest.

Scotty, I agree with you, but my guess would be that they decided to look at their market, I will go as far as to say that they had a couple of calls from people saying that they feel offended by the sight of said magazine, someone at Woolies then decided to take this to management and then it escalated further up the management chain.

The final decision was then made by an individual or possibly a group who feel that they have no interest in Christianity and in the light of whom they "may" consider to be their main clientèle/ priority then decided to make a decision based on that criteria, putting the readers of said magazine in the minority bracket.

In the long run will they lose any customers, my guess will be NO.

I have seen it with one of the main Epic sponsors in the past, the directorship at the time of the first two/three Epics were cycling enthusiasts, these dudes moved on to other companies and the new directorship were hunting fanatics, suddenly the cycling sponsorship fell away and clients were being taken to game farms on hunting trips.

Such is life.

I take offense to ANY religious magazines in a grocery store/ magazine shop. Sell them at CUM etc