Sellers.......STOP being stupid

mark ellis

To my dear fellow hubbers...especially those new to the Hub and trying to sell stuff....here are a few tips to make your sales run smoother.

1) Brand new means NEW !!!! never ridden, never touched the dirt, no ass has come into contact with the saddle here is what the the interweb says:

brand-new (brndn, -ny)

adj.

Being in a fresh and unused condition; completely new.

2) using the word BARGAIN in your add means less than Malema's "I am sorry" to us here on the Hub, we only buy bargains, at less than bargain prices! so using the word Bargain just makes us think "hold on....something is wrong here...what are the trying to hide!"

3) We know our bikes, we look at them all day, every day, some times we even wake up at night and sneak a quick look and then go back to bed. We know what colour bikes were in what year, what geom they had and what components they came with

4) we have all seen the no name brands made by the people in that Asia place, we know what they cost to land here, putting your own sticker on it and trying to sell it for 2 or 3 times the price will not work...ever....ever!!! (Remeber the d**s who tried to sell a no name hard tail as an unbranded S-Works???)

flame away!! ;)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And please put the frame size of your bike when you try to sell it, and a photo, preferably on a couch

Do not post your ad multiple times

Edited by chris_w_65

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Agreed i love the "STILL NEW" , NEW is in SHOP with warrenty....

and i love the adds only X months old, but still new asking price .....more than local LBS.....

Hub is the Hub Negations should be standard.....me thinks....

To my dear fellow hubbers...especially those new to the Hub and trying to sell stuff....here are a few tips to make your sales run smoother.

1) Brand new means NEW !!!! never ridden, never touched the dirt, no ass has come into contact with the saddle here is what the the interweb says:

brand-new (brndn, -ny)

adj.

Being in a fresh and unused condition; completely new.

2) using the word BARGAIN in your add means less than Malema's "I am sorry" to us here on the Hub, we only buy bargains, at less than bargain prices! so using the word Bargain just makes us think "hold on....something is wrong here...what are the trying to hide!"

3) We know our bikes, we look at them all day, every day, some times we even wake up at night and sneak a quick look and then go back to bed. We know what colour bikes were in what year, what geom they had and what components they came with

4) we have all seen the no name brands made by the people in that Asia place, we know what they cost to land here, putting your own sticker on it and trying to sell it for 2 or 3 times the price will not work...ever....ever!!! (Remeber the d**s who tried to sell a no name hard tail as an unbranded S-Works???)

flame away!! ;)

I love it :lol:

Also please post pics & at least get the spelling correct - Its a Giant not a Gaint or a GT avlanche

If someone points out that your product can be purchased for a cheaper price on a online shop, please don't get angry and get personal about it.

I still try to grasp the term "usual scratches as it is a mountain bike after all". My MTB is 18 months old and not a single scratch so I can probably sell it as "new".

And don't forget the weight and where you are based ;)

The real weight. Not what you want it to be!

please also dont try and sell cars, houses, cell phones and dogs on the hub. rather try gumtree

And if your ad reads like this then please post it on Gumtree

"Blue and silver mountain bike for sale - R1000.00"

I still try to grasp the term "usual scratches as it is a mountain bike after all". My MTB is 18 months old and not a single scratch so I can probably sell it as "new".

Stone chips, branch scratches. slight mishap from falling off - Just a thought.

And please AGAIN please where are you based!!!?

Filling in that section of your profile doesn't mean anyone will look down on you (unless you're from Cape Town) and saves the aggravation...