Number collections Centurion Cycle Lab.

Gman1834

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I was very happy when Centurion cycle lab opened, I thought that the collections from Jhb would be over. When will they start to have number collections on Wednesday at Centurion and Thursday and Friday in JHB.

Or cant they have a check box on the entry form were you want to collect numbers.

Why can't they have a few shops scattered all over the area that you can nominate to pick up a number. Now I have to go all the way from the west to get a number. Some must come from Benoni and so far.

The is no cycle shops in Benoni ?? But I am sure they will let you collect from the fish&chips shop !

Woodstock Cycles in O'Reilly Merry...

Can you imagine how much admin and logistics it would be to sort out which entries go where, then have to get the numbers to each point, plus you then need people to work at all the collection points! Come on people think about this a bit!

There is a topic about entry fees, so you want the entry fees to go up even more by making all this work.

I think when you enter it states there where to collect the numbers, so when I enter I agree to that, so its my responsibility to collect it there!

It is actually not that difficult !!! You take the boxes to Centurion on Wednesday , Fourways or Thursday and wherever else on Friday . The remaining entries goes to the race venue ! It has been done before and it actually worked !

I don?t want to moan about the system I am just making a suggestion. Number collections at the venue for smaller events are also an option.

The is no cycle shops in Benoni ?? But I am sure they will let you collect from the fish&chips shop !

there are no fish and chips shops. but we have a couple of vetkoek outlets. we sell bikes at the massey ferguson dealership 

seriously, why can't they just have number collections at the darn races?

Woodstock Cycles in O'Reilly Merry...

procycles in fifth avenue, sweat&gears in mercury road ...

Number collection is just a ball ache, especially for the big events like the 94.7, where u can wait around in crowds forever. This should not have to be done more than once in a lifetime. Everyone should be allocated one permanent number to be used in every race, and while we are on that subject, the timing chip can be embedded into the number, so we do not have to be changing transponders between wt and champion chip. we will also save the planet by doing this.

Centurion cycles sometimes drives through to 4ways to do number collections, but you have to provide them with your details (and CSA license?) in advance.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

It makes sense for a bike shop to try and attract customers this way (Cyclelab 4ways perfected this!) Why not talk to your LBS/LF&CS about organizing a pickup? I'm sure they'd see it would work in their favor if you bought your spares/gels/new bike from them when you pop-in for the numbers?

Last time I called to enquire about this (Why not give Centurion CL a chance?) I was told that the organizers themselves dishes out the numbers, that?s why its only at 4ways...

Number collection is just a ball ache' date=' especially for the big events like the 94.7, where u can wait around in crowds forever. This should not have to be done more than once in a lifetime. Everyone should be allocated one permanent number to be used in every race, and while we are on that subject, the timing chip can be embedded into the number, so we do not have to be changing transponders between wt and champion chip. we will also save the planet by doing this.[/quote']

In the early 90s when I first started you submitted times to STPPA (now GPPA) through your club and you got a permanent number and a seedign for the year. No matter how much you improve during the year, you can only change your seeding in the new year. Registration was always quick and I'm sure the organisers saved tons of money not needing to print numbers for all the partticipants.