Bargains online operating out of Bloemfontein

JamesW007

I have just been contacted by a guy in Bloemfontein. He has Excellent prices on 2011 Trek Ex9's BUT!

He is very indescript about the bikes, his reply's to mails seem computer generated or translated. The spec of the bikes are slightly under the manufactuers spec which could explain the price, but intellectually, I realise I'm rationalising.

Does anyone have the time to check out an address for me in Bloemfontein? Is there even a bike shop at 78 Church Street Bloemfontein,9300,Free state??

If he's legit, I'll buy 2 at the prices he's offering..

Is there even a bike shop at 78 Church Street Bloemfontein,9300,Free state??

Google Street View is fun: number 70 is a Fiat dealership, number 80 is a DentDoctor franchise. The only thing in between the two is a big storm water canal. Oh, and this vendor.

post-304-012613600 1288694110.png

wil check it out for you and let you know,but it looks like a scam,dont know of any bike dealers in church street

Why not scam the scammer???

I'd love to see this b@stard get some of his own right back at him!!

Last week there was a newbie advertising some awesome bikes, one was a Trek Top Fuel at great prices. He was from Indonesia, but I immediately smelt SCAM! Could be the same dude who fabricated the Bloemfontein address.

Why not scam the scammer???

I'd love to see this b@stard get some of his own right back at him!!

What do you suggest? I've tried asking him to send me the full spec of the bike, because he claims that the bike is fitted with SRAM X9, but he hasn't responded. maybe time to name and shame.

I should publish his name and phone number.. :angry:

Gumtree: The Ad you are looking for is no longer available but we found other ads that may match what you are looking for.

hope he goes down in flames.no place for scammers in my books.never thought i will say it but thanks google earth streetmaps.

Da Agent lives in Bloem, da Agent will investigate this matter. I skim its some frikken Nigie druglord / pimp/ illegal immigrant.

Gumtree seems to have taken the ad off already, I reported it as fraudulent. It was there a minute ago, promise..

Thank all of you for your help and comments.

wil check it out for you and let you know,but it looks like a scam,dont know of any bike dealers in church street

Nope,no bikeshop or anything relative at that address.Definitely a dodge deal,inform the authorities.

I found this exact guy on Gumtree + CapeAds + others...

Contacted him asking where he is based as I do not trust shipping stuff from people I dont know...

He then told me he has a shop in Bloubergstrand Cape Town (I told him I live in the Cape City Bowl area)

He said it would take 2 working days for delivery and I should just deposit the full amount into his account!

I said I don't trust it, so I have to see the bike before I pay ANYTHING!

He said sure I can see the bike...I asked for the address the nect day, he gave it.

When I emailed to orgonize a time (the next day), he said he's sorry, but they moved to Free State!? (all of a sudden!?)

(don't know how he shipped an entire shop in one night) :blink:

So I bluffed and said: That's brilliant! I have a meeting there tomorrow! See you there.

He replied and said it's fine, giving me the adress you spoke about above...(was he calling my bluff?) :angry:

I think it is a scam!!!!