what do you do so time passes by on the indoor trainer

AIRMAVRICK

Hi guys,

So I took delivery of my indoor trainer last night from Tabasco, and set it up when I got home. Started pedalling... After about 30 min I started to struggle to stay on the bike..

Does anybody have ideas or tricks they use to help forget about time and get a good workout out of it?

:clap:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i pod with seether/metallica/ac dc type music.leonard cohen and pink floyd cool but not on the bike.i also count every 4th left cadence pedal and when getting to 100 i look at a knuckle .when all the knuckels are accounted for i have a look outside.

oh i forgot when the chorus of a song is on i give it horns and relax again for the rest of the song.

lol yeah Music is a winner. but if u look at it from a mental perspective, if you can push through ur mind wanting to get off then you will find pushing through tough climbs a little easier (what I tell myself lol its all in the mind)

think of nothing...

Don't clock watch, and get a power meter, holding 300 watts, should keep you busy for a while. After that you bored of that, you should be finished any way...:)

for a good rollers session I sit in the big ring, keep an average speed of 40+ average cadance of 100+ and every 5mins I change a gear heavier, when I reach the bottom of my cassette I start coming back up (finishing on lighter spining gets the lactate out)

Compile a mental list of all the Pro Cyclists who have been bust doping, you will finish your session before the list.

Intervals. Trying to keep cadence at 100rpm. 2mins high resistance, 3mins rest at lower resistance.

Done to the sounds of Linkin Park - Reanimate/ Disturbed - 10 000 fists... I think some Prodigy - The Fat of the Land, might be on the playlist for next time...

I can do about 70mins before brain numbness makes me fall off the bike.