what do you do so time passes by on the indoor trainer

AIRMAVRICK

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a virtual IDT, have tried riding the tour stages, doing intervals, time trials, beating previous course times etc... I usually watch TV and to be honest I HATE the IDT, it sux big time, there's nothing I can do to make me wanna do it or enjoy it, it takes a lot for me to get onto it, I dont know how you guys do it. Takes a lot of self discipline I suppose.

A program helps big time.

Another thing that helps is getting a buddy and suffering through the IDT together. Kind of pushing each other to see who can stay on the longest.

Oh, and lots of good music! :D

Do a 10min solid warm-up.

Then do 10x 1 minute Power Intervals, with a 4min recovery between intervals.

Recover in a medium gear, don't go too light.

Follow the set up with a 4min warm-down in an easy gear.

Hey presto....1hr on the bike.

Believe me too when I tell you that the recovery time between the intervals passes way too quick.

Best way to spend an hour on a trainer. :thumbup:

Yea, ride you bike the way you are supposed to! Outside, freedom, tar, trail, wind, rain, fast, slow, up, down, left or right!

Now stop drinking pink drinks!

lol :D

Playstation!

Ek wil dit sien!!Laat jou girl of vrou jou afneem terwyl jy speel en sit dit dan op die thread asb :lol:

to me its like running on a treadmill, aweful thing and can never seem to do for more then 30min as compared to easily being able to go out onto the road and do a nice hours run. trainer the same, get outside :D

So. it seems the general consensus agrees with my medicine - MUSIC - LOT'S OF IT - and LOOOUUUDDDD !!!!! Gets the adrenaline flowing and the pedals spinning. Mine is in my sound room - I watch a music DVD. If I have to sit indoors I spin for 30km (computer fitted to rear wheel) and adjust gearing and resistance one the trainer. Works for me - I leave big puddles of sweat on the plastic mat I had to lay down. Indoor trainer is not ideal but sometimes necessary.

Ons is almal bang vir die IDT want hy werk jou gal!!! Ek kyk hom ook so aan as ek verby stap want hy is nie my vriend nie, en dalk moet mens net dit probeer verander , maak hom jou vriend?? ;)

I go ride in the rain.

True!

I hate that friggin thing.

By the time I have changed skewers and set the bike up in front of something to keep me occupied I could have gone out and had half my workout finished by then.