The unwritten rules of cycling

StevieL

1. Never ride behind some guys (hot) wife/girlfriend for km after km. Especially if said boyfriend/husband is in front altering the pace to try and shake you off, while you sit there with a 10-incher in your chamois. :drool:

2. For the ultimate in cool, roll up the cuffs of your shorts for that extra 1/4 inch of tanning space.

3. NO iPODS while racing.

4. Never clip in to your pedals while still in the starting pen.

Insert your own below...

Edited by SteveO74

There are many rules regarding shorts. First of all, they don’t exist. Forget about them. The only acceptable garments to wear are bibs, no exceptions. But please, throw out your bibs when they start to wear out. Enough anatomy is revealed by the skin tight Lycra, we don’t need to see a transparent butt panel.

To look cool, wear bibs, enough said.

Black, oily chainring marks on your calves and legs are not cool. It rather shows that you cannot control your bike even when standing still. :thumbdown:

A dirty bike is a definite no-no. A day or two is OK 'cause we are all busy, but weeks with the same mud marks on the bike is out. :thumbdown:

Remove the neon 2009 Argus, 94.7 "please take a photo of me" sticker from your helmet. Nobody's gonna take a photo of you now. Because they might of missed you then, doesn't mean that they're gonna make up for it now! :thumbdown:

3. NO iPODS while racing.

This is actually a written rule

4. Never clip in to your pedals while still in the starting pen.

Don't agree with this.

Be polite to other riders.. (play nice)... whether roadie (notoriously grumpy) or mountain bikers, you never know when u might have some bad luck and need a helping hand.

2. For the ultimate in cool, roll up the cuffs of your shorts for that extra 1/4 inch of tanning space.

I did this on Saturday - :blink:

No white lycra!!

(haai-jek)

Was asking for a white FI 13 Assos shorts here in Deutschland this morning and was ready to pay.. :drool:

They were out of supply. I was not sure to be relieved or dissappointed. :blink:

I did this on Saturday - :blink:

I know one guy who wears Mellow Johnny gear and a black-red Cannondale CAAD who does this with his sleeves and collar as well.

Cannot come to his name right now... But he is on the Hub at times. :P :D