Funnily enough the sidewall states that min is 2.5bar

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Larsen Front - 2.5 - 2.8 bar

Cross Mark rear - 2.8 - 3 bar

Tubed wheels. Weigh in at 110kg (me, not the wheels!)

Riding GT hardtail.

Area of riding is the Magaliesberg.

The harder the tyre for me, the less chance of a puncture. While tubeless may be good, the two guys I stopped to help at VG on Saturday were riding tubeless. One had not put any of the liquid in (so he said), I offered him a tube but his rims had the small hole. Second guy had lost air in his tyre and could not inflate with his bomb. Once again a tube was offered and once again he had the small hole in his rim. I had 0 punctures (temping fate here) and have not had a puncture in a while nor had any rim damage in 4000km. I am using those heavy thorn proof tubes. They may be heavy, but so is my ass!

Interesting, would like to know if these oakies had tubless wheelsets and tyres or if the did conversions or a combination of conversion and using non tubeless tyres. I have heard so many variations of plans to either save moola or weight, I think something it going to fail if you do not use the right stuff. I ride tubeless wheelsets with LUST tyres and no punktures or snakebites as opposed to a snake bite every weekend with tubes, 93oddkgs on my HT. My experience

Edited by Fast R

Carbon HT - No Tubes Podium MMX Wheels with tape and valve, Maxxis Aspen 2.1 F 20psi and R 22psi, I weigh about 63kg. Don't bottom them, can run them to about 17psi front and 20psi rear if its real slippy and wet

I think we need rouxtjie to create some real stats for this post. Interesting I thought I would see a lot more Mountain kings but just off the top of my head seems there is a lot of cross marks.

Schwalbe UST Racing Ralph - Front 1.7 bar and Rear 1.8 bar. I want to go Front 1.5 and rear 1.6/7. My body weight is 72kgs at the mo.

Trance X

Rider Weight +- 96kg

Front: Conti MK 2.2 - 2.6 bar

Rear: Conti RK - 2.6 bar

Riding - mostly Jhb/Magaliesburg

Silverback Nabraska (HT)

WTB Weirwolfs

Front: 2.8 - 3.0 bar

Rear: 3.0 - 3.5 bar

Need to try a lower rear pressure...

Conti vapour front & rear

ghetto tubeless