Magicshine Lights

schmoose

I presume there is a difference between Magic Light and Magic Shine Light.

I got a Magic light, it was f*cking expensive. Other guys that ride night rides with me have a similar light and brag that it cost much less than my light. I presume this is then magicshine lights.

Please give some clarity as I have noticed that hubbers know everything from heart surgery to lights to cable end caps on a pick n pay special mtb

I don't believe there is a difference, but I stand to be corrected. Brad sells them under the name Magiclight locally (he has the exclusive rights to use this name as far as I am aware). All other lights are sold under the manufacturer's brand of Magicshine. I hope this clarifies it for you. Magiclight is a company more than the brand of light and they are very active in supporting cycling events, marketing etc. which may explain the higher price to some extent. They also act as a wholesaler and not a retailer thus leading to 2 markups being put on the product rather than the alternate sources where you will buy directly from the importer.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And 90% of the 90% that comes from China break 90% of the time.. So I fail to see your point.

So 81% of the appliances in your house break ALL the time and your bike breaks 8 out of 10 times you ride it??? I'm very happy with my Chinese appliances, Japanese car, Taiwanese bikes etc etc etc!

Ordered my Corolla light, paid a Corolla price for my light, I expect it to perform like a Corolla light, it performs like a Corolla light, I am happy with my Corolla light. :thumbup:

No sticky accelerator problems yet. :clap:

So 81% of the appliances in your house break ALL the time and your bike breaks 8 out of 10 times you ride it??? I'm very happy with my Chinese appliances, Japanese car, Taiwanese bikes etc etc etc!

What these naysayers don't realise is that they are 'china' (or at least East Asia). Almost everything you use / wear / or it's raw material comes from East Asia. There is only a small fraction of goods that do not come from there.

So what you are saying (naysayers) is that you walk around naked. You walk to work and back (can't use the train coz parts are most likely from China - you know - 81% of the time it's gonna break down anyway - according to the apparent stats).

So give it a break coz the snide comments are :offtopic: - all us light users want to know if this affects us.... If you have a different light, good for you. Now go play with yourself in the dark coz you aren't assisting with the topic.

Bear in mind Americans need 20 disclaimers and instructions etc for a toothbrush

What hope is there for them to correctly use a battery or charge it :blush:

I have had Nokia ,Ericson and Motorola batteries fail some withing 6 months only one of which was covered by warranty.

If my batteries give problems then I will source new ones but untill they do I wont be losing any sleep.

I accept what I paid for at this stage they work great I dont do a lot of night riding so the expense was right for me to go with Magi shines

And 90% of the 90% that comes from China break 90% of the time.. So I fail to see your point.

That's wierd...because i've worked with some of the quality controllers from China before, and their standards are incredibly high compared to some of the South African standards and work ethic!

Remember things are made to fail after a certain time these days..how else would all the big companies keep prices lower and get you to buy more stuff.It's called free enterprise and you fall for it all the time buying your brand name stuff. All it is , is good marketing and money to back it up.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And the stuff that doesnt break gets stolen by some enterprising, young South African. They stole the black fog light covers from my car the other night... :angry:

I have been in touch with Magiclight South Africa and the have heard about the recall in AMERICA (....note America). They are also happy to replace any battery which is still under warrantee which is great so would suggest getting hold of them if you have problems. They do not seem have had the same issues otherwise I am sure they would not be selling the light.

In the meantime, none of the comments are from actual people having a problem so why not.... because it seems a big deal is being made about the lights which everyone has been raving about for ages now. I love my light and won't be getting rid of it anytime soon. Anything that comes near to these lights are 5 to 6 times the price. So if you do have a battery that is faulty, lets hear about it otherwise get on with your riding!

I have been in touch with Magiclight South Africa and the have heard about the recall in AMERICA (....note America). They are also happy to replace any battery which is still under warrantee which is great so would suggest getting hold of them if you have problems. They do not seem have had the same issues otherwise I am sure they would not be selling the light.

In the meantime, none of the comments are from actual people having a problem so why not.... because it seems a big deal is being made about the lights which everyone has been raving about for ages now. I love my light and won't be getting rid of it anytime soon. Anything that comes near to these lights are 5 to 6 times the price. So if you do have a battery that is faulty, lets hear about it otherwise get on with your riding!

:thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Rode the Guide Dog 5 hour at Avianto yesterday so was first outing with The Magishines.

I ran a 818 on the bars and a 808 on the helmet.

They were brilliant other riders couldn't believe the amount of light I was putting out, I must say I never knew racing at night could be so much fun.

we used our MS lights on Fri evening for an hour - they are **** off bright for the money - cars slow down when you appear at the side of the road - probably because it looks as if aliens have landed and are trying to blind the locals :D

As I said on p1 - I have had battery probs but the light units have performed very well.

Just got my new Magiclight MJ808 with new battery and it is the bomb, super bright and battery indicator now shows what level your battery is at - can highly recommend if you are looking for a light. Obviously this is a major improvement. At least Magiclight has recognised this and possibly why old batteries have been replaced with these new ones.