Hey, dumbass traffic cop, your day will come!!!

The expat cyclist

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sommer bietjie useless info, dit het vir my gewerk: toe ek in jhb gebly het, het ek slangbordjies oral teen my vensters gehad wat se live snakes in transit, en ook 'n boks op die agter seat met 'n gat in en so bietjie saagsels daarin en daarop ook 'n bordjie...as ek by 'n rooi robot gestop het, het ek die sign teen my drivers side venter opgehou as ENIGE iemand naby my kar gekom het... hulle het dit nie NABY my kar gewaag nie :)

sommer bietjie useless info, dit het vir my gewerk: toe ek in jhb gebly het, het ek slangbordjies oral teen my vensters gehad wat se live snakes in transit, en ook 'n boks op die agter seat met 'n gat in en so bietjie saagsels daarin en daarop ook 'n bordjie...as ek by 'n rooi robot gestop het, het ek die sign teen my drivers side venter opgehou as ENIGE iemand naby my kar gekom het... hulle het dit nie NABY my kar gewaag nie :)

of jy hou net 'n rubberslang in jou hand , wanneer hulle naby kom... steek die slang by die venster uit.. works better with a live one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Off topic, but I guess on topic if we are discussing our countrymen in general. There is a "1000000 people against Malema" group on Facebook. One commenter, Lumumba Ndjo, writes:

"Cecil Austin@ I said we don t want to hear telling us about what u have done to us no just take wherever u want and go with son of b***. What did u brought to us u found everything here in Africa mother f*cker?

Craig McIntosh@ tell me what is (leko dimena) u think if I don t know how to speak English it mean I am inferior to u then speak my let me see if u are inferior to me too u see how idiot and stupid u are even u I don t have to waste time with u ur mind is like a small f*cking kid f*cker. others next time loosers evils animals."

I continue to explain to him that pretty much EVERYTHING of any real value in Africa was created or founded by whites (cars, tarred roads, infrastructure, running water etc) and that he and his buddy Julius should stop being hypocrites and complaining about the very things they so enjoy themselves, eg, Julius hates whites but loves his white designed and manufactured German car, same for his white designed and manufactured Swiss watch.

Two days later, one "ANC Comrade" sends me a private message on Facebook titled: "F*ck you c*nt" and it goes like this: "Iam gna track u down and put you down like a filthy dog you are. Jou ma se bloed p**s".

So ja, as usual our darker countrymen would always try to resort to violence and threats first if things don't go their way or if people say something that hits too close to home.

If I had the bucks I'd be out of Africa tomorrow. Let them all rot in corruption and violence.

I would suggest going to the cops but they would probably give him your address, Thats a death threat as far as Im concerned.

cervelo:

ha ha ha live of nie, hulle gan nie kyk of dit rerig so is nie!! :D

Edited by helloise

......... Behalwe as dit 'n Chinees is...... Dan het het jy moeilikheid sussie!!!!!!!!!!!

a couple of years back one day a bunch of us on our bikes were returning from a marshalling event. my bluetooth headset still worked and i had it on... when they started to give Richard trouble for riding with his learners with his wife pillion and he said "i know i'm wrong please give me the fine" they started with trying for a bribe, blatantly. so i made a call... they heard me telling the person i called what was happening and where. i was giving details of the officers and their vehicle. the one heard me and shouted out to the one hasseling Rich "she's calling the boss..." instant back off and "don't do it again" to Rich and we were sent on our way.

......... Behalwe as dit 'n Chinees is...... Dan het het jy moeilikheid sussie!!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha haa janee got that right! :lol:

a couple of years back one day a bunch of us on our bikes were returning from a marshalling event. my bluetooth headset still worked and i had it on... when they started to give Richard trouble for riding with his learners with his wife pillion and he said "i know i'm wrong please give me the fine" they started with trying for a bribe, blatantly. so i made a call... they heard me telling the person i called what was happening and where. i was giving details of the officers and their vehicle. the one heard me and shouted out to the one hasseling Rich "she's calling the boss..." instant back off and "don't do it again" to Rich and we were sent on our way.

........ you are verrrry lucky you were not arrested for interfering with the due process of law!!!!!!

how the F@#$ do you get to "you are verrrry lucky you were not arrested for interfering with the due process of law"? advising someone of what is happening is NOT interfering with due process of the law. SAPS endorse the eblockwatch initiative that provides a number to call where the call is recorded.

But should you get arrested for not carrying your licence on you, is this now law or a scare tactic for a possible bribe? :unsure:

You can't be arrested for not carrying your license, you just get a nasty fine with an alternate fine. With regards to traffic offenses you can only really be arrested for "reckless and negligent driving" and if I remember correctly "inconsiderate driving". For both you would be released same day pending court. My advice to everyone, play stupid but be polite and respectful, and as soon as you get pulled over call a family member right off the bat. If you are threatened with arrest inform the person on the phone immediately and don't start crap, be nice.

I often stand up for cops and metro since I used to be a cop and still have mates in the saps and metro but quite honestly I'm getting effing tired of them myself. I got stopped, knew my rights and still got cr@p from them. Fortunately I know the man in charge for the area as well as his number and basically threatened the cop with a law-suit that would have him working for me until the day he died! Not recommending that it's the way to go, I was just lucky. But it was satisfying to watch him turn a paler shade of white and backpedal big time.

Maybe that's an idea, find out who's the main guy in charge of your area and put his number on speed dial?

what happened to the rule that said, you get x-amount fine for driving without your licence and when you show it when paying the fine, it get halfed(R1000 fine to R500)? Arrest you for driving without a licence, WTF?

You can't be arrested for not carrying your license, you just get a nasty fine with an alternate fine. With regards to traffic offenses you can only really be arrested for "reckless and negligent driving" and if I remember correctly "inconsiderate driving". For both you would be released same day pending court. My advice to everyone, play stupid but be polite and respectful, and as soon as you get pulled over call a family member right off the bat. If you are threatened with arrest inform the person on the phone immediately and don't start crap, be nice.

I often stand up for cops and metro since I used to be a cop and still have mates in the saps and metro but quite honestly I'm getting effing tired of them myself. I got stopped, knew my rights and still got cr@p from them. Fortunately I know the man in charge for the area as well as his number and basically threatened the cop with a law-suit that would have him working for me until the day he died! Not recommending that it's the way to go, I was just lucky. But it was satisfying to watch him turn a paler shade of white and backpedal big time.

Maybe that's an idea, find out who's the main guy in charge of your area and put his number on speed dial?

Good plan batman