Swift01

Definition of the words "Brand New"  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Definition of the words "Brand New" when you buy something on the Hub

• Does it mean Brand New, never been used still in the box
    • Does it mean Brand New, came off a brand new bike BUT never been used
    • Does it mean Brand New, I have used it for 5km
    • Does it mean Brand New, I have used it for 100km
    • Does it mean Brand New, I have used it scratched it, worn the one part out but it's ok to sell it as Brand New?

What i don't understand is that the seller in this case works at a bike shop and is known in KZN mountain biking community and does something like this??

Should the seller not take responsibility for the damage as he packed the items and then claim From SAPO for the said damage?

My point exactly thoughout this whole debacle, is his reputation worth that little. Nevermind the fact that you claim his livelyhood is in this industry, that just makes it so much worse. :thumbdown:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I never get to deal with him at his bike store - Ive bit a feeling which one it is he works at :unsure:

@RodTi Very valid point. I asked all the right questions but 2 mistakes. I trusted the person and I didn't ask for 20 photo's from every angle. Guess you live and learn. At least I can sleep at night.

@gummibear Damn I hope he did not take them off someones bike and sell them "Brand New brakes"

I can show you a picture of the box tomorrow (a Hope Brake box). There is not a mark or dent on the box. Plus both were wrapped in a hard plastic bag. The scratch on the lever could have happened but the caliper is a deep scratch.

I have shown these brakes last night to another person and asked for his honest feeling and even he said they are definately NOT brand new.

I guess we know what the outcome of this whole thing is. I will end up paying for a new rotor and any other expense that may be involved so the my GF will get as new as possible brakes. :clap: (she will get what she bought if I have anything to do with it)

Papa Roach will sleep tonight with his roaches (hope no doom comes his way) cause naturally they don't give a damn.........

Time to go home and ride my bike :-)

@RodTi Very valid point. I asked all the right questions but 2 mistakes. I trusted the person and I didn't ask for 20 photo's from every angle. Guess you live and learn. At least I can sleep at night.

@gummibear Damn I hope he did not take them off someones bike and sell them "Brand New brakes"

I can show you a picture of the box tomorrow (a Hope Brake box). There is not a mark or dent on the box. Plus both were wrapped in a hard plastic bag. The scratch on the lever could have happened but the caliper is a deep scratch.

I have shown these brakes last night to another person and asked for his honest feeling and even he said they are definately NOT brand new.

I guess we know what the outcome of this whole thing is. I will end up paying for a new rotor and any other expense that may be involved so the my GF will get as new as possible brakes. :clap: (she will get what she bought if I have anything to do with it)

Papa Roach will sleep tonight with his roaches (hope no doom comes his way) cause naturally they don't give a damn.........

Time to go home and ride my bike :-)

I hope for she does get what she paid for :) , and he gets whats comin to him :angry:

Oh by the way I will be riding my bike with New Avid Elixir Cr brakes sold as new from a hubber that were mint and brand new condition with Hope Pro 2 hubs bought from a hubber as brand new and were just that mint condition. Many thanx to those hubbers for being honest :-)

The brakes are brand new and as i said to the buyer on the phone the one rotor was slightly used but i think his technical knowledge is limited.

the scrathes on the caliper were not there when i posted them,possibly damaged by the postal service??

you got them for a bargain price,i think you just want your money back because you changed your mind!

There's always two sides to a story. If there was any doubt to neutral observers, the nature of your response has cleared it up.

I think this could be a test example of what not to do in the case of a disgruntled customer.

Good luck making a sale here again.

As a last resort, now would be a good time to apologise, because the scars will last forever and no one is gonna throw you a lifeline.

I will do such thing.

I could take the brakes to a bike shop if you are doubting my technical abilities. Plus we are very happy with Magura brakes and even asked another hubber on the same day I contacted papa roach u if his bagura brakes were still for sale. The same louise brakes.

The brakes were damged goods and Not brand new. That is why I am not happy. They were not what was sold to me.

Oh by the way I will be riding my bike with New Avid Elixir Cr brakes sold as new from a hubber that were mint and brand new condition with Hope Pro 2 hubs bought from a hubber as brand new and were just that mint condition. Many thanx to those hubbers for being honest :-)

Just to let Hubbers know, I recently bought Swifty's XTR rotors which I presume were making way for the Avids. He conducted himself in an exemplary manner throughout the sale with the goods arriving as promised and exactly as described. This tells me he is an honourable guy.

For the record if you read the posts. I even asked roach for a refund for the useless rotor. I was will to let the trest slide. That was my first option. R300 back as a new rotor cost R400. I think I was being fair. Next option was a total refund. I just got a rude message back from roach.

Thanx cyclocross glad your happy with the rotors

Guest big baby

The funny part here is that you'll put the brakes on the bike, and after one outride, or a crash, they will look wrecked.

Take the guy to small claims court. Make an example of him. Devote 3 hours a night to build a solid case, CRUSH him...

...or, build a bridge, and get over it.

Edited by big baby

Seems like you have a brake fetish!

lol

spending waaay too much on brakes!

Crowncycles - they seem to have super brake specials on a regular basis...but you never know with SAPO these days...

:)

Nothing better than smooth new powerful brakes to get one excited :-)

I could blame SAPO but the box is perfect and the scratch on the caliper is pretty deep and not just from a mere scrape in the box. It looks consistent with being scraped against something when you leave the bike against a face brick wall and it falls or when u have a crash.

Yip like I said earlier I know what the outcome of this whole thing will be. Lessons learnt I guess. Don't deal with roaches :-)

I believe I have been very honest, I started this thread without naming the person or saying anything to prevent people working out who it was until I got a final response from him. Even then I never said his name but you can't fool the hubbers for too long.

He has stated his case I mine. Case closed guess. Or is it :-)

For the record if you read the posts. I even asked roach for a refund for the useless rotor. I was will to let the trest slide. That was my first option. R300 back as a new rotor cost R400. I think I was being fair. Next option was a total refund. I just got a rude message back from roach.

Thanx cyclocross glad your happy with the rotors

Yip, you wanted this sorted out without a total refund before naming him, and I presume the offer still stands, doubt it will come through though. School fees boet, doubt he will ever sell anything here again.

I think when I am finished riding I will have a beer and put on those new redwin noir cranks sitting in my car (Brand new from a bike shop in a box transported from CT no scratches) hee hee

Peace out :-)