Swift01

Definition of the words "Brand New"  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Definition of the words "Brand New" when you buy something on the Hub

• Does it mean Brand New, never been used still in the box
    • Does it mean Brand New, came off a brand new bike BUT never been used
    • Does it mean Brand New, I have used it for 5km
    • Does it mean Brand New, I have used it for 100km
    • Does it mean Brand New, I have used it scratched it, worn the one part out but it's ok to sell it as Brand New?

I posted his reply via sms after he has read my personal message. I think that says a lot of what kind of person he is.

Sad there is not much trust left in this world. Bet he is a used cars salesman

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest big baby

Totally name and shame this @$$hole. His response to your concerns means he doesnt give a **** about other people, so why should you care about his 'reputation'? I'd demand the money back, ship the good back to him at his expense, and if he doesnt like that idea, I'd open a case

Okay, what if the bike was used outside the shop for a test ride in the parking lot. Parts are exposed to dust and dirt. Is it still brand new?

No!! Brand new is still in a sealed box. If it comes off a bike it could be like new or unused. If it looks like the pictures posted it is definitely used. Sellers should post descent photos but buyers should ask for pictures of the actual product prior to parting with hard earned cash.

That was a pic of the real parts he just got clever how to place the parts.

I once used the small claims court for R500 because the person lied to me. Not only did I win it but they got served a notice to attatch their goods at work ( which to me was the best part) so there is lots of options.

blatant false advertising... i think something needs to be done to maitain the intergrity of our classifieds section... not sure what thou...

these roaches should be stopped!

blatant false advertising... i think something needs to be done to maitain the intergrity of our classifieds section... not sure what thou...

They should have a bad sellers section or as mentioned before a sellers rating similar to the auction sites...

jis pappie, dis 'n goeie een :thumbup:

Is that not what the scammers post at beginning of the classified section is for?

Similar but different I think... I reckon a dedicated list of usernames and all aliases as soon as they change their usernames. :angry:

Probably one of the first two, but I have seen some secondhand brandnew bikes in my life. I supose it depends on the seller.