Events Bot

Event Name: Three Passes Funride
When: 13 February 2011
Where: Maths & Science Institute, Constantia, Western Cape
Category: Road

Distances: 77 km; 38 km

Start times: From 06h15

Route Description:

The ride takes cyclists around the undulating countryside in the South Peninsula and Cape Point area. From the start at the Maths & Science Institute, cyclists will continue south along Spaanschemat River Road and over Ou Kaapse Weg. Then follows an anti-clockwise pedal around the South Peninsula/Cape Point area. The 77 km route goes through Kommetjie, while the 38 km route (via Glencairn Expressway) splits away in Sun Valley. Both routes take in Boyes Drive before descending onto Main Road in Lake Side. A left turn onto Steenberg Road will take cyclists back to the finish in Firgrove Road, just off Spaanschemat River Road.

Get all the info on the PPA Website

Go to Event Page

• 1 month later...

<b>Event Name:</b> Three Passes Funride<br/><b>When:</b> 13 February 2011<br/><b>Where:</b> Maths & Science Institute, Constantia, Western Cape<br/><b>Category:</b> Road<br/><br/>Distances: 77 km; 38 km

Start times: From 06h15

Route Description:

The ride takes cyclists around the undulating countryside in the South Peninsula and Cape Point area. From the start at the Maths & Science Institute, cyclists will continue south along Spaanschemat River Road and over Ou Kaapse Weg. Then follows an anti-clockwise pedal around the South Peninsula/Cape Point area. The 77 km route goes through Kommetjie, while the 38 km route (via Glencairn Expressway) splits away in Sun Valley. Both routes take in Boyes Drive before descending onto Main Road in Lake Side. A left turn onto Steenberg Road will take cyclists back to the finish in Firgrove Road, just off Spaanschemat River Road.

Get all the info on the PPA Website<br/><br/><a href="https://www.bikehub.co.za/events/event/51-three-passes-funride/">Go to Event Page</a>

I think it is about time that the organisers consider moving this event. Like last year it follows on after the 99ner

So how did everyone find the race? My legs were tender from the 99er but I really enjoyed it. Rode in E-F group

My legs are tender & I didnt do the 99'er yesterday!

Great weather for a ride.

First PPA funride I have done for a while, so I got a bit of a wake-up call - training hard isn't the same as racing.

For me it was a good training ride, but not a good race.

I missed my start group and then jumped onto the next one, but my buddy got held back, so I waited for him. That immediatly put me 2 mins behind. No worries.

The rest of the ride went well and I put in some good efforts to clear the air ways.

My brakes jammed (wtf ?) AND my chain dropped off (!!??) when I hit a bump just before the last climb on Boyes, so I lost all my momentum (physical and mental) and started that climb from 0km/h.

I managed to find a small group to ride with and just as my legs had no more, a tandem screamed past us. I hurt myself getting on that train for the last few km but glad I did.

Edited by splat

My legs are tender & I didnt do the 99'er yesterday!

Great weather for a ride.

First PPA funride I have done for a while, so I got a bit of a wake-up call - training hard isnt the same as racing.

I woke up still with sinuses stuffed, least no headache, so ent out the brave the bugger....

Had a really good ride though, even though struggling to breath through my nose. Ended up with a 2:34. Legs were SHOT by the end of Boyes, so cruized in from there. Happy with that over 77km, looks like my just sub 4 Argus may be a possibility. :clap:

I woke up still with sinuses stuffed, least no headache, so ent out the brave the bugger....

Had a really good ride though, even though struggling to breath through my nose. Ended up with a 2:34. Legs were SHOT by the end of Boyes, so cruized in from there. Happy with that over 77km, looks like my just sub 4 Argus may be a possibility. :clap:

And, big question, how did SRAM perform under racing conditions? ;)

And, big question, how did SRAM perform under racing conditions? ;)

What an ABSOLUTE PLEASURE! Managed to maintain a nice 30km average on the flats, really used the 25 on the back, made OKW and Boyes more bearable. Shifting and performance was AYOBA :thumbup:. Had a REALLY nice ride and well pleased with my time. Now just want to get in in 3:05 at the Medallion and I will be Happy Days :clap:

Edited by Scultura Rider

Came 6th. Need to work on my sprint. Well done Alastair Davies, Thornman 2nd, Gary Marescia 3rd. Squeaked under 2 hours.

Quite a decent race from my perspective (only the mediocre are always at their best). I started in the last group, waiting for a friend. Managed 2:44 (against 3:25 for the 80km Langebaan Lagoon, or 2:50 for last year's 64km Ninty-Niner) so I can be content. Well done to all - how the hell does anyone finish under 2hours? - and you okes who did both races this weekend are absolute machines!

What an ABSOLUTE PLEASURE! Managed to maintain a nice 30km average on the flats, really used the 25 on the back, made OKW and Boyes more bearable. Shifting and performance was AYOBA :thumbup:. Had a REALLY nice ride and well pleased with my time. Now just want to get in in 3:05 at the Medallion and I will be Happy Days :clap:

That's a great goal for the Medallion.

And well done - after a tough start to the weekend. :thumbup: