[Event] Le Coq Sportif Tour De Boland

Events Bot

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice and quiet - one would swear the world is racing on Sunday...kom kyk more, vanaf elfuur op die Paarl Berg.

Great event!

Well done to all concerned - and a special thanks for the great traffic marshaling

We need more of these events to put some excitement and a real challenge back in road cycling for the enthusiastic amateur as well as the pro cyclist

That last Cat1 stage was brutal & what a performance from Darren Lill!

Argus will not suite Darren Lill. Its too flat & too short - its a sprinters race. Christoph van Heerden has a better chance.

But Darren is a monster at the moment. He rode away from a group of 6-8 of the strongest riders including Sauser on a VERY difficult course with one lap to go and just extended his lead over the final lap.

Argus will not suite Darren Lill. Its too flat & too short - its a sprinters race. Christoph van Heerden has a better chance.

But Darren is a monster at the moment. He rode away from a group of 6-8 of the strongest riders including Sauser on a VERY difficult course with one lap to go and just extended his lead over the final lap.

Thats what they said at the Boland Drukpers.... then broke away like a machine the last few km's....which was mainly a flat section at very crappy wind....He has been very good overall!!

Thats what they said at the Boland Drukpers.... then broke away like a machine the last few km's....which was mainly a flat section at very crappy wind....He has been very good overall!!

Slight difference in the quality of teams in the Argus invitational as compared to Boland Drukpers. :)

If the wind is again pumping at 60km/h and the strong men can use the gutter to reduce the lead bunch to less than 10 then maybe, but unlikely.

Tipping Mr Fouche as my favourite to win the Argus

Me think SA Champ 2011 Darren Lill wants this season-ending big prize, for sure.

He kicked some major azzz today, I read. :huh:

Team strategy is gonna make it interesting.

DCM seems to set up the lil' powerhouse Lill up very well... :rolleyes:

Slight difference in the quality of teams in the Argus invitational as compared to Boland Drukpers. :)

If the wind is again pumping at 60km/h and the strong men can use the gutter to reduce the lead bunch to less than 10 then maybe, but unlikely.

Tour of SA...So there you have it....only SA stage winner....

Guy been a machine since coming back from Europe....so I think he will take it!

Was awesome to be there and see the action unfold from the lead vehicle. See pics attached:

1. An early Break by Impey - Got caught a little later.

2: Lil in the lead - at the end his race time lead was at around 30 seconds :thumbup:

post-14551-0-52025900-1299864811.jpg

post-14551-0-28653800-1299864855.jpg

Edited by SirK

Thanks Sir K, the only TdB volunteer off the Hub, and you did work hard. Deserved that spot on the final day!

1430 on SABC2 Pedal Talk programme TOMORROW. Virtually the entire programme is dedicated to the TdB!