Just one more!

Grondpad

Just one more day then me and 2 buddies are off to Mankele for 4 days of MTB'ing heaven! Whoop Whoop. I have never been there but I heard awsome stuff about the place. Cant wait!

Edited by Grondpad

been there for the first time last weekend, only have good things to say! ps: I have dubbed the first 5km as afkak hill, so if you are a little unfit (or plenty like me) stick it out, after that there are practically no hills..

enjoy and bring back some pitchers.. :)

Just one more day then me and 2 buddies are off to Mankele for 4 days of MTB'ing heaven! Whoop Whoop. I have never been there but I heard awsome stuff about the place. Cant wait!

Mankele rocks!

The uphills are challenging and the track is pristine - awesome wooden bridges (complete with chicken mesh for grip in the wet) and flowing bends - you can see it was built by mtbers for mtbers.

You're gonna love it!

wheres mankele at? wish i was going away for a mtbing holiday though!! lucky fella's you lot :D

Grondpad, Ganbaai is going to suck after Mankele...

My motto is: the best singletrack is the one you're about to hit.

Grondpad, Ganbaai is going to suck after Mankele...

Gansbaai is really going to suck! I broke my chain twice at Mankele so now I have to replace my chain, cassette and chain blades. Its time anyway seeing that I have already done about 4000km on it. I am flying down to CPT and my bikes lift to Gansbaai left today. So I wont have a bike in Gansbaai. That really sucks! 8 days without riding.

Mankele was brilliant! I have never ever rode such perfect singletrack. Those climbs were brutal but the view was awesome.

The first day we got there we did the orange XC route twice. The second day we did the purple route but unfortunately we got lost and heard later the reason for that was that the route was closed due to logging in the area. But up till we got lost we had a great time.

The next day we did the red route and I have to admit that it was my favourite. The bush tunnel and the downhill’s after the climb up to the radio tower was unbelievable.

Yesterday we did a quick greed route before we went home and that too was great.

In-between there were some trail running and river tubing.

All in all, the best weekend ever! I'll post some pics tomorrow or tonight