Who buys used Cycling Shoes?!!!

racman

I have noticed a number of people selling used cycling shoes on the Hub over the last few months. I can understand new shoes that were the wrong size etc but WHO BUYS USED SHOES ???Confused

That's like selling a pair of used cycling shorts man !!!LOL

Even though they may have been washed you just know that there have been "skid marks" at least once LOL

Used Cycling shoes = athletes foot, exotic strains of fungis, popped blister secretions, dry heel flakes, etc. etc all emptied out and covered with a light dressing of Johnson's Baby powder etc. (Damn I feel hungry nowLOLLOL)

I can't understand this, or is it just me ???Wink
racman2007-10-17 04:45:16

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont agree. a guy buy maybe the first time a pair of clip on pedals , lets say r700, but he dont have another R500 for shoes

SO, HE LOOK FOR A GOOD PAIR, WASH ITAND WEAR IT WITH SOCKS.

Not everyone can buy new.

Yeah man!!! That's like saying I won't buy a used car cos the guy or gal who owned it before me use to shagg in the back seat and leave love juices all over the show and now my children are going to lick their spilled ice creams off that seat!!! Shocked

I would rather buy a R500 pair of bottom of the range shimano shoes,

hell, heres a question - you're strapped for cash are you guying to buy somebody's second hand Calvin Kleins or new Mr price jocks for the same price.

Oh yes, I'm not buying that house, who knows if they wiped the toilet seat properly before we got it!

Yeah man!!! That's like saying I won't buy a used car cos the guy or gal who owned it before me use to shagg in the back seat and leave love juices all over the show and now my children are going to lick their spilled ice creams off that seat!!! Shocked

I'm uploading my second hand car onto autotrader and going to buy a Chico golf. Dead

but socks don't stop the spread of bacteria. I have the same concerns about a used helmet ? Would rather buy a slightly cheaper pair of shoes, helmet etc than have used.

I have often bought used items for bikes but am a bit squeamish about shoes, helmets, socks, and cycling shorts !!!Dead 

Oh yes' date=' I'm not buying that house, who knows if they wiped the toilet seat properly before we got it! [/quote']

Er - you'd change the toilets in a house before you move in......

So, what you guys is saying that you do not wear stuff that was not baught new by you?

Lets take this, you go to a friends party, later the night its getting cold but you or the wife did not have anything warm, your buddy is offering you a warm thing to wear.

You say, no I dont wear second hand cloths.

Come on, .....

or, you went away for a mtb race, somehow you broke or tore the one shoe.

Another mrtbiker got a spare pair of shoes and offer it to use.

you say no, i rather go home?

No man, I am talking specifically about shoes, cycling shorts, underwear (although I suspect there are a few men on the Hub that might wear womans underwear in private on special occasions LOL)

Jackets etc are ok with me. This is not a judgement on anyone, I just would battle with it.
racman2007-10-17 05:14:52