Mugging on Table Mountain last night.

sharkysa

I was doing hill repeats from UCT to just above Rhodes Memorial and a mountain biker informed me that two guys stopped him just above Rhodes Mem and took his bag. It happened at about 6:30pm-7pm.

Just a friendly warning to all the guys on Table Mountain.

We need those cops on horses and quads again!

i guess the fire pushed them from signal hill to tbl mntn...glad the vic wasn't hurt. I thought the coppers had installed cameras at Rhodes memorial?

was the guy ruiding alone?

I tend to find myself in situations that I need to ride alone (lack of training partner) on Table mountain (approx 4-7pm timeslot).....

K

I was doing hill repeats from UCT to just above Rhodes Memorial and a mountain biker informed me that two guys stopped him just above Rhodes Mem and took his bag. It happened at about 6:30pm-7pm.

Just a friendly warning to all the guys on Table Mountain.

We need those cops on horses and quads again!

rhodes mem has always been notorious for muggings especially in season. Anybody going there is simply looking for trouble.

Why are you called Chris Vinger? Just curious!

that's such an arb question, but now I'm curious too :P mebe i need more sleep.. cheers!

Edited by Capricorn

Entered from Rugby rd Oranjezicht this morning. Our first ride on the mountain ever. This mountain is one angry mother. Our "Gauteng" legs were burning big time. Awesome view. Lots of hikers. 2 other bikers. Amazing experience.

Entered from Rugby rd Oranjezicht this morning. Our first ride on the mountain ever. This mountain is one angry mother. Our "Gauteng" legs were burning big time. Awesome view. Lots of hikers. 2 other bikers. Amazing experience.

hey leeu, when you riding there again?

Also here from GP and looking for some rides in the area?

tiepies transvaaler as daar nie k@k is nie gaan soek hy dit :) hope you guys enjoyed our lttle hill.

hey leeu, when you riding there again?

Also here from GP and looking for some rides in the area?

After the Tikkoppie smashed my car window to steal the GPS this afternoon I am waiting at Glasfit and then heading back, sorry.

So the crime in Cape Town got me after all haha!

After the Tikkoppie smashed my car window to steal the GPS this afternoon I am waiting at Glasfit and then heading back, sorry.

So the crime in Cape Town got me after all haha!

Met eish dude, sorry to hear, though guess it could have been worse. Next time just put that monster dog in the car, Its odd when i put my ridgebacks in the car, not even the street hawkers wont to sell me stuff. And i have to throw in my petrol. And it amazes me that a GPS which is a tracking device cannot be trakced.

Edited by covie

hahah, seems we on the same wavelength there Covie: i too have wondered about that. Not sure if a GPS device is a proper transponder or just a receiver

It surely needs to send its current locaion to get a fix on coordinates. Would actually be nice to catch these @#$#@ers.