Excited about Mountain Biking

mvrk777

Hi All

I'm a newbie and really excited about becoming

A mountain biker. Because I'm new to the sport I was a little cautious about bying a bike and after some shopping around and a lot of questioning and of course reading a lot questions posted on the hub forums, I settled for a SCOTT aspect 30. For me this was good value for money and to my limited knowledge has decent spec for a first bike.

Is anyone familiar with this bike and was it a good buy. Is there anything I should watch out for, any known weaknesses.

post-20187-0-36009500-1293884961.jpg

Welcome ! Don't know the bike but have owned Scotts in the past and it is a quality product, sure you will love the bike the more you ride it

Looks good - Only 2 suggestions

- Get some sort of tape to put where the cables rub the frame

- Have the shop do a tubeless conversion or atleast have them put some slime in the tubes so you dont have to bother with punctures.

Now hit some singletrack, rinse, lube and repeat :thumbup:

I think the most important thing you have done is to go into MTBing with a basic setup. Biggest mistake you could have made was to splash out some serious dosh on a high end ride.

Reason why I say this is that as time goes by you will get to understand your bike, the role each component plays and what of it all is most important for you. Your an individual and your riding style & terrain will influence your future upgrades - and thats the most fun :)

Also look at learning how to service some of your bike yourself, it will not only save you cash but it will allow you to understand your bike better and also get you out of a fix when your 40km from your car.

Enjoy and welcome to your new addiction.

Welcome to the addiction,

beut of a bike, only problem i see is the USN waterbottle (duck.

have been riding for 7 months now and love it, where you planning on riding?

CAP the fact that you have done research on this scares me on so many levels. :eek:

Bwah ha ha :lol:

CAP the fact that you have done research on this scares me on so many levels. :eek:

Research confirms I have no clue about such stuff :clap: But i do have an excellent memory for rubbish i come across in that rag, You magazine.. <_<

Research confirms I have no clue about such stuff :clap: But i do have an excellent memory for rubbish i come across in that rag, You magazine.. dry.gif

You know what they say about denial :clap: you kinky bastid you.

You know what they say about denial :clap: you kinky bastid you.

oh, i have my bents, just not in the direction of tailpipes on cars, and rimjobs *looks at caerus*

:lol:

oh, i have my bents, just not in the direction of tailpipes on cars, and rimjobs *looks at caerus*

:lol:

Dont get me involved in your weirdness :o Youre flying solo on this one :rolleyes: