Neighbour...

Satan

Ok, this is for real. My neighbour wants to sell his bike, its a Giant OCR 1 I think...heavy frame, steel fork Sora groupset. He wants R5000 for it...and when I told him that he was insane, he was a little upset.

Please help me...what is a reasonable price?!?!

If it's a Sora groupset, then it's probably an OCR 3.  I sold my OCR 3 a few months ago for R 2 200 (nclusive of Look pedals and computer and two fairly new rims)

Look, dont get me wrong here...the bike is in good condition, and I'm not taking the piss outta him... I just dont think its worth R5k. So you guy's reckon around R2200 or R2500? Thanks for the info...

Aaarggh...why is it that when people buy bikes from mates who tell them a bike is worth SO much more, they actually think they can get that higher price?! Especially when he only paid R2000 for it himself??

My friend sold 2 of these  six months back. I bought one for my son, didn't haggle cos I liked her and paid R2,000.  Put my friend on to her and she got the other for R1,700 (obviously no spark there).

If the bike has a steel fork, then it must be pretty old. I would say that it is only worth about R1 500.00