Weightloss Challenge v 1.1

Gravity

155 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a weightloss challenge?

• Yes, that would be cool
    • No Fatso go eat another cheeseburger

Cool, Cois is also not riding at the moment, he missed mother earth too much ;) he lost 0.5kg this week with no training!

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh! I have 3! one on my stem, and one for each arm! So much of awesomeness, I cannot explain!

:lol:

I'm using my 310xt to log my training. No bands to speak of - my Livestrong band came off after 4 years of use, and will be going back on soon. Took it off cos it was too tight. I have big wrists.

I thought we were discussing the other logs :lol:

yep. Except it has walls and a roof, and wasn't lobbied for construction by the local ANCYL branch...

Get one of these

post-18048-0-38206300-1295434815.jpg

Ok so last week i started this thread, took up challenge to be down to 75Kgs by the 6th April (12Weeks)

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/94673-eish-i-cannot-believe/

Last wednesday was my first weigh in and i was 87.8Kg's and stand 179cm tall, last night was first weigh in after started diet and i have lost 2Kg's, down to 85.8Kg's :clap:

The first week was mainly settling into healthy eating plan and managed 3x 4Km runs

Going to be stepping things up this week so looking forward to next week weigh in

will let you know as soon as i can ride my bike again. thax

Yeah as wiskers said, I am also of the bike, and not doing any thing but driving (little mission and I am not really suppose to drive) and walking to the bathroom now and then. Other than that it comes down to plain what you eat. It is not easy, cause Saturday and Sunday is the worst days for me stuck at home and getting real bored...

I did 1200 yesterday, and none today. Thursday is a kinda write-off for me, as I normally go to gym during the day. We have our domestic come in on Thursdays, and there's no way to know precisely when she is going to be coming in, or leaving. And I'm the chef/cook person in the house.

Having said that, I'm gonna go now... Need to go!

another 824 kCal done tonight!

Edited by cptmayhem

sometimes there's just a plateau. Carry on training, or perhaps mix it up with a different exercise. Eventually your body gets used to it, and adapts.

Case in point - my fiance. Plays squash almost every day, for 45min to an hour per session, and it makes hardly any difference in her weight. Put that same time into a gym workout r ride (at lower intensity nogal) and it does - makes her lose faster...

sometimes there's just a plateau. Carry on training, or perhaps mix it up with a different exercise. Eventually your body gets used to it, and adapts.

Case in point - my fiance. Plays squash almost every day, for 45min to an hour per session, and it makes hardly any difference in her weight. Put that same time into a gym workout r ride (at lower intensity nogal) and it does - makes her lose faster...

this is definitely true, just doing the same thing each day your body gets used to it, so whilst this is easier (for me at least) to get used to and make a habit, mixing different sports, and different intensities makes a huge difference. This week since Monday I am down 4kg :thumbup: :clap: , but then I have done 4 Pilates sessions (doing an intensive course) two swim sessions and two '7km run' sessions along with DnD last night - 25km MTB whilst the Pilates and swim are not that intense they build core muscles, and the running and MTB burn alot more calories. I am hoping that I will be down to 99kg 101kg after the weekends planned activities, at least one session at northern farms on a single speed, and some 'running' with the Hash group :-)

Edit: Must have been very dehydrated when I weighed my self :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by GF29er

Nice training week, GF29er... I've been focussing mainly on gym work, but can definitely see the inprovement in my climbing ability. Basically been doing 40 mins on the elliptical trainer at 2 minute to 4 minute intervals (have found that level 25 is the highest it goes) and as far as I can go in 20min on the rowing machine.

Both have increased my cardiovascular capacity quite a bit, and I've been able to give it more on the climbs of late.

Monday was a gym session, tuesday was 28km MTB on road over constantia nek and the bottom of Bossie, then back over Constantia Nek. Wednesday was 28km in Tokai (where I gave it hell) and yesterday was a quick 1 hour sesh in the gym. This arvie might present another MTB session, but I need to fit a new tyre first. Otherwise, it's another 1200 kcal at the gym...

I haven't been able to run properly for the past 4 months thanks to a knee injury that just won't seem to go away. Need to get lighter before I start it up again.

Tomorrow is a 50km road session. All told, I should have done approx 9 or 10 hours this week. just under 4 at the gym and the remainder on the bike.